in general (1 Viewer)

psycho_mushy

HSC
the exam was fair... but there is one criticism I would like to point out... it was very unbalanced and not much variety was exhibited in the exam..

there was much too focus on the area of genetics, hardly any on "maintaineing a balance"

for those who were lucky to do "genectics option" it may have been a bit more easier to explain things... I know it was for me! :D

but overall u have to agree that the marks were distributed very unevenly and the epidermiologiy question of 8 marks was rather ridiculous..

that's my 2 cents!

badlysketched

yeh i agree! it didn't really cover it all and seemed to focus on the area that i'm not so good at. not too sure about stuff... :( i'm disappointed everyone said it was pretty ok... cos i found it a little (but not too) hard... i answered everything... but some things were a bit muddly

psycho_mushy

HSC
yeah... how bout that question about "use and limitations of biological concepts" wtf was that?!

crazylilmonkee

HSC
i talked about play dough and miosis ahaha
bet ya that was wrong.. *sigh*

psycho_mushy

HSC
either way... that exam had its marks distributed very unevenly and the questions were bloody awakard

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
yeah i agree.... i mean there was NOTHING on all the factual stuff that you had to actually understand the concepts for... like dna replication, protein synthesis, line of defences especially b&t! i love that stuff! refering to the defences here...although overall it was good... but yeah i thought that the mark allocation was a bit off and the lines provided didnt mirror how much marks it was worth... like a 3 mark question has only a few lines less than a 6 mark one...

leeraff

HSC
yeh it was cool, left 50 min early.........hope that doesnt come back and bite me in the butt :)

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
Originally posted by *~Dazed~*
yeah i agree.... i mean there was NOTHING on all the factual stuff that you had to actually understand the concepts for... like dna replication, protein synthesis, line of defences especially b&t! i love that stuff! refering to the defences here...although overall it was good... but yeah i thought that the mark allocation was a bit off and the lines provided didnt mirror how much marks it was worth... like a 3 mark question has only a few lines less than a 6 mark one...
i agree... u didn't have to know many facts at all!!

and heaps of it was Skills related (i know they can do that... but i thought there were a few too many skills)

Skull Kid

So much for studying kidney, microflora, infectious diseases, malaria, enzymes :| only 1 question related to enzymes.

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
i assume it was 'genetics based' for the sole reason that this yr is 50th anniversary of dna disvoery
or...maybe not
but i think cause i had this in the back of my head i studied this core most of all
good luck ppl

young_gurl

Originally posted by psycho_mushy
yeah... how bout that question about "use and limitations of biological concepts" wtf was that?!
haha i write about the biological concept of darwins theroy and that toothpick investigation so stupid!

young_gurl

yeah i studied way to much for BIo and it was so fairly basic and simple! i finished in an hr

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
Originally posted by young_gurl
haha i write about the biological concept of darwins theroy and that toothpick investigation so stupid!
yeah i did write the same i talked about black and white moths

AK Gumbi

Not a M-O-Derator
HSC
hey did we have to refer specifically to the model itself. i thought it was jus about models in general?? wot their uses are and limitations?

~Perfection

-Funked Up-
HSC
Did anyone find that it was really quick to finish? like, i could have left an hour early.. or maybe thats just me? :p

Originally posted by Skull Kid
So much for studying kidney, microflora, infectious diseases, malaria, enzymes :| only 1 question related to enzymes.
agreed..
i knew DNA replication and protein synthese so well...!
(i actually understood it!)

Originally posted by psycho_mushy
but overall u have to agree that the marks were distributed very unevenly and the epidermiologiy question of 8 marks was rather ridiculous..
yeh, that epidermiology question was over marked...

young_gurl

i dont know ..i wrote the limitations were that the toothpricks couldnt breed hahhaa and the advantages were that you could gain 1st hand experience!...It was a weird question..

young_gurl

i thought the exam was pretty quick they shuld have had more questions to cover most of the topic instead of few questions worth heaps of marks!..i left an hr early and that was going threw my paper 5 times..so yeah

psycho_mushy

HSC
i wrote with calmness.... u tell urself *no need to rush*, so u can think mor easily and put more facts in dammit

young_gurl

argghhh yeah i shulda went slower...but it was like so easy my brain was like omg im flying threw this...
but i still think that i just passed because maybe the way i interpreted the questions culd have been wrong!...
is it me or has this years exams been pretty easy? im talking about english, ancient legals..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)