In Need of Some Advice... (1 Viewer)

Dynamix

North by Northwest and then turning slightly East
HSC
i dont ask too often for advice on here, but atm im in dire need of some.

heres the situation- theres this girl i met during schoolies, we spent some time together lately (ie new years etc etc) but the problem is that i am moving away in february and dont intend on returning to the area except on briefly, so we decide to break it off sooner rather than later to make it easier.
Only problem is that i cant stop thinking about her, and i kno that she is just down the road and feeling the same way. This is a girl id really like to be with and i feel like im missing out on something special.

Can anyone offer anything?

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
you two should do it.

SXC_DRAGON_BOY

Been A While
HSC
interesting.......
heard many of these situations b4.....
1. how far u moving away?
2. do u drive?
3. does she?
4. would it still be easy for to locate eachother via public transport if both of u dont drive?
5. does she feel the same way like u do. i.e "This is a boy id really like to be with and i feel like im missing out on something special.

if u can answer yes to one of those questions except 1 then i think u 2 should stay together.
if u moving like 2 - 3 hours away then i would think deeply about the situation

Butterfly Kissz

i wana go bak to unsw!
HSC
i think that distance really shudnt make a difference....

if you really really r committed to each other then why jeopardise the relationship...

if you can both find a way to see each other in such a way that the seeing each other wont cause stress on both of you and become an issue later.. then go for it

it really depends on how strong you feel and whether you feel its worth the extra effort...

i was in a situation like that.. we did it for 4 mtnths and he cudnt do it ne more. but fair enuf... he had to travel almost 2hrs to see me.. and i cudnt see him! it wudntve been a problem if my parents werent so strict.. and grrrr! but hey.. this aint about me...

consider ur age.. her parents.. if they r strict or will let her travel. so its a 2 way thing and yeh

best of luk to ya!

Dynamix

North by Northwest and then turning slightly East
HSC
yeah im a dj... breaKing, im not doing gigs 5 hours away- thats the main problem, if i was moving 2 hours away wed be fine, but im moving 5 hours away...and its only early in the relationship too.

Butterfly Kissz, of course you can hire me....but after february!

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
i hate posts like this.

think about it: if you're happy now, will it really make life easier if you break up now, while you're content with each other?

wouldnt it make more sense to stay together for as long as you can (long or short term), and wait for it to fade, and let it go that way? sure, some people might argue that draging it out like this is worse, but its not really, because your feelings will fade naturally if you want them too (and have a greater chance of doing so w/ distance), and you wont have to see them constantly and be reminded of them.

there's no point breaking it off with a person because of distance. In the end, if you both want to make it work, it will. no distance will change that.

just enjoy it for the moment, and cross the bridge of 'breakup' when it occurs- not before :)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
don't do it, long distance relationships are too hard and not fair on either party.

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
Dynamix said:
yeah im a dj... breaKing, im not doing gigs 5 hours away- thats the main problem, if i was moving 2 hours away wed be fine, but im moving 5 hours away...and its only early in the relationship too.

Butterfly Kissz, of course you can hire me....but after february!
Mark Dynamix don't front!

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
haha 5 hours, to be realistic, evne if u guys do go out when u move, it's gonna be v hard to keep it together. so from a rational pt of view, you should leave it. over time u will miss her less.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
it depends how often you intend on going back, which you said isn't often. 5hrs is a lot

Skeeta

HSC
if you meet halfway its only 2.5 hours - which is only half an hour more than what you would have considered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)