In the wild: Brave New World/Bladerunner (1 Viewer)

l-mercedes-l

Has left the building :D
Thanks to everyone who went out of their way to he
HSC
Following the disaster that was AOS exam, i decided that i needed to go back to the rubric and focus my study more carefully, in looking at the rubric it all sort of came together and i just started typing. What i realised was the context and text have this complex relationship which ive tried to express (dont worry, theres a diagram!)

Based on the fact that my best friend wouldnt answer her phone so i could discuss it with her ive decided to post it here. I'd really like to discuss some of the ideas because a few of them are only just new.

This isnt intended as a overview of the module or anything, but it is *inspired* by the rubric so i hope that you find it helpful.

Please leave any comments if you have them.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I know youre all very busy!

Goodluck guys

EDIT [28/12/05] I have updated this file to make it a little more worthwhile, added some quotes and how i think you should tackle module A questions. I felt embarresed that it was stickied but only half finished.

Last edited:

ashmax

HSC
that was good, but how,if you were discussing that in the essay, would you make detailed links to techniques etc.
also do you have thoughts on the rubric like this for lear and frontline??
thanks heaps!!

l-mercedes-l

HSC
To talk about techniques you would say i guess how the medium of production (film/satire) impacts on the audience and what sort of audience they are targeted at.

eg, BR uses film noir/cyber punk and that hybridity of genres influenced Ridley Scott (was part of his context) and he used those features to portray his vision. Sorry if this is a bit unclear... it was a good question (probably one i should have thought of myself!) What he is saying about nature etc is reflected by lines (eg; the platitude that tyrell gives, 'the candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long' reflects the coldness of humans to the replicants, thus showing how Ridley percieves humans of the future) and eg the music is cold and synthetic, what does this highlight about humanity

Ill try and clarify... thats a terrible example
COntext > Why we write > what we say (and how we say it, what meduim and features we use to emphasise our point, how we draw on our context for techniques eg Huxley and modernism in ch. 2 with all the merged viewpoints) > affects context

good question tho... the models still kind of not complete. ill give it some more thought

Ive got a summary for King Lear somewhere but i dont remeber where i saved it. If i can find it ill post it in the King Lear section later today

Mini Meiser

HSC
Your thoughts are excellet and in the write place. It definatly helped me with the contextual relationships of texts and authors as well as conclusion, the texts reflecting their contexual backgrounds. If i dont fail i will have you to thank!

Dragie

HSC
That was very good :) The only thing I'd change/add is to have a few more techniques from each text - this would hold an essay together perfectly.

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
ashsha said:
u know id consider this realli great work, but its unfortunate that it aint urs!!! two parts are mine!! and some paragraphs are staight out of other peoples readings!! its wrong to pplagerise, howver if u had acknoledged who wrote them then it would be a different story!
get over it, it was only for the purpose of guiding people to writing a good essay. Had she written the exact same thing in an essay, it would be a different story.

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
ashsha said:
u know id consider this realli great work, but its unfortunate that it aint urs!!! two parts are mine!! and some paragraphs are staight out of other peoples readings!! its wrong to pplagerise, howver if u had acknoledged who wrote them then it would be a different story!
sorry for double posting, but hun, have a cookie.

l-mercedes-l

HSC
ashsha said:
For what its worth, i think you should look at the date this file was originally published, it should late sept 2005. Well before "your notes". And for the record it was written after days of reading and integrating from dozens of resources, and in the hsc everything starts to sound a little similar... on the the downside of being so spoonfed that everyones essays sound the same... trust me when i say that there is almost no room for creative or independant thought in the HSC.

Again, for what it's worth all of this was typed out of my head, there was no intentional plagarism and its a little bit offensive that you would suggest that there is. Have a little bit of a think too about the logistics of me copying your notes and posting them {i'll give you a hint, it's in relation to the concept of time... hmmm???}. This isnt intended as a "essay plan" or easy way out for you guys or whatever... i was looking for disucssion prior to my own hsc exam... i then took time to abbridge it a little to make it summary-like.

Chill out princess.

M

Cretin

HSC
HAHAHA, Snap. Even if you did plagarise Mercedes I wouldn't care, it isn't like your publishing anything and making money. Also, thankyou for all your contributions, I learn something new with each one of your posts.
P.S. ashsha, get off the soap box
P.P.S Wow, I'm bored.

Grad_06

HSC
N/A
wow that is heeps could thanx for helping understand the contextual relationship

celery

HSC
I'd have to be the next person to say thanks! because they were sooo helpful! I used them as my extra study guides and they were seriously really good! sorry=p i'm repeating quiet abit here aren't i...
anyways, thanks!
p.s. i just had my paper 2 trial today, and you have no idea how much more confident i felt going into that exam with 'CONTEXT' in my head=p

chicky_babe

HSC
Hey Merc,
thanks for the post. I found it really helpful, as no-one had been able to explain the concepts to me... good luck with it all :)

simonemaree

HSC
Dude... That was mad... Thanks heaps... This context in the book... and how and what not was hard to understand... so that was a really good breakdown...

wonjibonji

HSC
merc, honestly its wonderful.
i found this to be really helpful and further extend my knowledge on what the hell BOS is trying to get us to do.
thank you so much

Arsenic

Rogue Assassin
HSC
You are a lifesaver. That outline, help-guide, is an answer... THE answer.

"Hail! Hail! Hail!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)