independent trial-retreat from the global (1 Viewer)

Lillith

Did anyone do the independent trial on retreat from the global. The first question about space and time was hard, as was the creative writing -the mock interviews in regards to a historical period!

We havent even looked at a historical period at all!How does everyone else feel?

Zenithliza

We didn't like the trial. Our class did really bad. We got told we lacked heaps of detail but its hard to include the ways of thinking, retreat from the global concept as well as literary theory.. value and all that crap.
I hate retreat from the global.

Lillith

At first i didnt mind retreat from the global but after the trial...im having doubts-my class hasnt looked at literary theories etc and i took a look at the catholic trial paper and it didnt look too bad....
When i get my results ill tell u how myself and the class went.
Seriously were u able to answer those q's on setting (time and place) and on historical period?
My class is doing the castle,shipping news and Seamus heaney so histroical period is abit warped.

Elyse

Trial

Our teacher thought us so incapable of doing the trial, she mixed the catholic trial and independant. The independant trial quetsion was probably easier than the catholic, so yeh. With Seamus Heany, how are you linking it to retreat from the global? I've got an idea, but what are your thoughts?
Our class only wrote on teh Shipping News and the castle in the trail, cause we hadn't doen HEaney properly!

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I found that The Tollund Man, Personal Helicon and Digging were the easiest to link with RFTG (in that order).

There's an essay and speech of mine on the website that might have some useful material for The Tollund Man.

Zenithliza

I actually find Funeral Rites, Digging and Requiem for the Croppies the easiest to link...
I don't know how I am going to get everything in for the HSC, there is so much to consider. Ahhh too much work!

Lillith

Can you believe that my teacher only told us today that we needed to know critical theory etc so now ive got 6 weeks to do my own research....i have so much work to do also!AND my teacher hasnt even bothered to look at our trials yet!

Zenithliza

The whole concept of critical theory pisses me off. I don't know where it all came from because its not in any syllabus.. it's just "assumned" that you know it.
In one hour.. I have to talk about 5 texts.. where the hell can I fit critical theory which I can't understand in???

Lillith

I know!Im attempting to read 3 different books on critical theory but Im just going to do some 'name dropping' during both my english exams and hopefully it would sound like I know what Im talking about. My teacher even admitted its all about trying to manioulate the examiners into thinking you know some of the stuff.

starrrboy

critical theory+3 unit english

OK I've just read about this but what is critical theory in regards to 3 uniti english??? im doing retreat from the global
my teacher is so dumb he teaches us nothing, in some ways i should have dropped 3 unti but i wanted to do 4 unit.
could someone please email me in regards to what im meant to know?
thanks
mitchell
starrr.boy@angelfire.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)