Ingleburn to Maquarie uni - how long? (1 Viewer)

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
hello people, i was just wondering about how long it would take me to go from ingleburn to mq? And what's the best way to get there by train

so far i've come up with

Train from ingleburn to strathfield
then to epping from strathfield
then a bus from epping station to mq......is there any faster way?

Oh and does anyone know anything about the mq uni railway station that's opening up? Any info would help!

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
all we know about that station is that it's "in the works"

It's planned to be completed the year after I graduate (2008). Knowing cityrail, I only expect it to be ready in time for when my kids go to uni :p (that's if I have kids though)

withaface

HSC
I think if you take your way (ingleburn>strat>epping) it will take around 2 hours give or take.

If you go from ingleburn to parramatta; thats half an hour. Catch 290 and that should get you to mac in half an hour (again, give or take)-So, this way is around 1hrish, or take 545 to chatswood via mac that will be an hour on the bus + half on the train.

Or get a train to blacktown-that'll take you an hour, then get a Hills bus from blacktown to uni, thats about 40 minutes. So 1hr40mins that way.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Your option is probably the best one. Buses tend to be slow. I guess you could also go from Ingleburn to City via East Hills (especially on an express train) and get the Mac Uni buses from the city. That could be an option too.

withaface

HSC
city to mac is HECTIC in the mornings, takes well over an hour. Its okay in the afternoon if you're after a more scenic route. Plus that way would take you over 2 hours as well.

withaface

HSC
I'd also recommend you get a weekly pass a purple travelpass it'll cost you $27.50 a week, but it'll cover you from ingleburn station to everywhere inbetween mac-all cityrail and sta transport that is.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
okay so if i go to Parramatta, that's 40 minutes....and then the 290 from parra station? I didn't know it stopped there. That's a much faster route.

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
My friend is also in the same suburb as you (also a bos-er just dont log on anymore)
he travels about 1.5-2 hours depending on the time of day

think the quickest is one you mentioned already.

Tabris

HSC
i lcatch a train from east hills line, yes, it takes 1.5-2hrs one way, so thats 3-4 hrs a day.

If u are disciplined, u do your readings and prepare on the way there, and take a comfortable nap on the way home.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
tanjin said:
okay so if i go to Parramatta, that's 40 minutes....and then the 290 from parra station? I didn't know it stopped there. That's a much faster route.
It doesn't. I think that was a typo by whoever posted that. There is a 545, but be warned the 545 takes the ridiculously 'scenic' (and I use that word loosely considering the areas it passes through) route to Parra.

2 trains and a bus... sounds full on. I'd invest in a car (or look to carpool wherever possible), but some people can handle it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)