Insane Clown Posse (1 Viewer)

dudditz

Retired Member
HSC
I know it's a long shot, but did anyone here catch the Insane Clown Posse on their Australian Tour?

Note, this isn't an invitation to bag the group, I just wanna know if anyone else who hangs out here caught them while they were here.

Gotta say, the show was awesome and it rocked my world.
Jerk, who was the supporting act, went off as well!

HSC
Well, I saw two guys at town hall station dressed up as clowns last week, they were probably going to the ICP concert at UNSW...

as for ICP, I haven't heard anything from them.... but I will say the clown thing is the biggest gimmick since slipknot.... sorry I couldn't help myself.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
ICP are greeat man! I LOVE THEIR MUSIC!!!

muAHUAhuaH reminds me of eminem :)

dudditz

Retired Member
HSC
Originally posted by mercurydrinker
Well, I saw two guys at town hall station dressed up as clowns last week, they were probably going to the ICP concert at UNSW...

as for ICP, I haven't heard anything from them.... but I will say the clown thing is the biggest gimmick since slipknot.... sorry I couldn't help myself.
Just for the record, ICP was around long before slipknot came to the scene.

GJ_JOE

blood brother
Originally posted by mercurydrinker
actually slipknot is the biggest gimmick since ICP :D

seriously though, i've only heard about 3 ICP songs, "take it", "ain't nothin' but a bitch thang" and "homies"...not bad..

dudditz

Retired Member
HSC
If you haven't heard them, I recommend you get "Halls of Illusions" and "Piggy Pie", however they have alot of good songs (imo). There's also songs to download at the official site, so it's all legal (if that concerns anyone).

Jerk absolutely went off at the concert too. Their cd is great as well. If you are more into metal and stuff, they are a great up and coming band (imo of course).

HSC
Originally posted by dudditz

Just for the record, ICP was around long before slipknot came to the scene.
Regardless its still a huge gimmick.

I'll re-phrase it to: "ICP is the biggest gimmick since....er... Kiss". Happy now?

Dan_the_man

I was gonna go bit in the end couldn't be bothered! Jerk are awesome.... love the bit where the guy plays the guitar with a drill.... that is insane.... but Jerk are jsut another Industrial metal band....... all of which sound the same pretty well

dudditz

Retired Member
HSC
Jerk is local though, they are from Sydney.

As for ICP being a gimmick, yes they wear face paint and yes it has been done before. But it is part of the act, and there's more to it than just looking at them. They wear face paint because they are clowns, and if you listened to their music and knew about the dark carnival, it is all relevant.
I can't see how jumpsuits are relevant to slipknot's music, or how face paint is relevant to kiss' music, but anyway...

chip

HSC
i love that homies song.... thats them isnt it........ :D

GJ_JOE

blood brother
Originally posted by dudditz
As for ICP being a gimmick, yes they wear face paint and yes it has been done before. But it is part of the act, and there's more to it than just looking at them. They wear face paint because they are clowns, and if you listened to their music and knew about the dark carnival, it is all relevant.
I can't see how jumpsuits are relevant to slipknot's music, or how face paint is relevant to kiss' music, but anyway...
my personal opinion is that every band/artist that has released a cd has a gimmick, some more apparent than others....after all isn't it their job to sell as many cds as possible?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)