Inspiration of people acing externals after a poor trial run... (1 Viewer)

Akshara Patil

HSC
I seek to find solace and motivation to get a high average overall, after wut I perceive to have been a poor outing in the trials... Thanks!!

Anaya R

HSC
I seek to find solace and motivation to get a high average overall, after wut I perceive to have been a poor outing in the trials... Thanks!!
The trials are designed to be a test run for your hsc, both in terms of the design as well as the standard.
It's easy to feel quite despondent when you "bomb" the exams. I had gone through the same thing when I got back 68% for my English Adv trials (taking place online at the peak of the pandemic last year). [Don't worry, I ended up getting 83% for my externals.]
But now, one good thing is that you know where your weaknesses are - where you need to improve.
I'd definitely recommend getting feedback from teachers and if they have exemplars for a high response then that's awesome as well.
Also now's the time where you can really grind. At this point there shouldn't be learning for your different lessons, just revision. Make sure you devote time to doing practice questions/past papers, doing peer assessment with people who also want to improve (or your teachers) as well as relaxing from time to time. Because, the last thing you want to do is over exert yourself in the process of trying to do your best.
You got this :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)