Internal Rank (1 Viewer)

Skyzor

HSC
Aright, so i got back my trial economics exam today and after adding up all of the years assessment marks my final rank is 2nd 0.07 behind 1st (>.<).

So im wondering when the ranks are sent off, will i be counted as 2nd or equal 1st?

Skyzor

HSC
Lol, no its actually a 0.07 difference

Don't ask me how, my teacher came up with the same difference.

Though he did have this annoying habit of giving half marks throughout the year...

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
Depends on your teacher.

Our eco head said she only gives in the rounded whole number (? maybe she was wrong) which is kinda weird since UAC says all marks are on a 1 decimal pt basis (which means you'd be rank 2 unless he's like 94.44 and you're 94.37 which would obviously round to the same dp).

Anyway it doesn't really matter if it's that small because the external marks will fit the distribution of the internal marks, so if 1st and 2nd internally are 94.4 and 94.5 and externally are 100 and 95 they're not going to give you 95 and him/her 100 for the internal aligned unless it's a 2 person cohort...

Skyzor

HSC
Depends on your teacher.

Our eco head said she only gives in the rounded whole number (? maybe she was wrong) which is kinda weird since UAC says all marks are on a 1 decimal pt basis (which means you'd be rank 2 unless he's like 94.44 and you're 94.37 which would obviously round to the same dp).

Anyway it doesn't really matter if it's that small because the external marks will fit the distribution of the internal marks, so if 1st and 2nd internally are 94.4 and 94.5 and externally are 100 and 95 they're not going to give you 95 and him/her 100 for the internal aligned unless it's a 2 person cohort...
Ohhh ok, cool.

Yeah i guess its not a too big of a difference to care about. Just means i miss out on the gawdamn excellence award...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)