Internally transferring from arts degree to B comm UNSW? (1 Viewer)

blurp

HSC
How hard would it be to do this.. cause i don't wanna get stuck in an arts degree for another year if i don't have a high enough WAM. Would it be easier to externally transfer from Commerce degree in Macq uni?
Thanks in advance.

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
In instances like these, I would always recommend doing an equivalent degree at another university and then externally transferring. As you said, there is a risk of failing to hold an adequate WAM to transfer.

Also remember that graduation from MQ with Commerce rather than UNSW may affect your employability at graduation if you choose to do absolutely nothing during your degree. It's simply not a risk worth taking by doing Arts and hoping, especially considering you seem to hold Arts in contempt.

Lastly, commerce units done at MQ are more likely going to be creditable for a first year at UNSW so you won't have to do many or if any first year units at UNSW.

blurp

HSC
In instances like these, I would always recommend doing an equivalent degree at another university and then externally transferring. As you said, there is a risk of failing to hold an adequate WAM to transfer.

Also remember that graduation from MQ with Commerce rather than UNSW may affect your employability at graduation if you choose to do absolutely nothing during your degree. It's simply not a risk worth taking by doing Arts and hoping, especially considering you seem to hold Arts in contempt.

Lastly, commerce units done at MQ are more likely going to be creditable for a first year at UNSW so you won't have to do many or if any first year units at UNSW.

Thanks for your advice. So do you think it would be a better idea for me to study commerce at Macq uni and externally transfer to UNSW? What are the chances of me getting in.. would they consider me only after the next yr 12 graduates? thanks.

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
Thanks for your advice. So do you think it would be a better idea for me to study commerce at Macq uni and externally transfer to UNSW? What are the chances of me getting in.. would they consider me only after the next yr 12 graduates? thanks.
No. If you're doing all these Commerce units at MQ and they are credited to your UNSW degree, then you won't need to do first year units at UNSW. You will eligible to do second year units as a result so HSC graduates have no bearing on your entry. Regardless, I'm sure that they separate transfers from tertiary students apart from high school kids.

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
might want to consider doing b economics - course used to be very similar to commerce but not sure if that's still the case

erespall

Pirate Lord.. Arrr
HSC
How hard would it be to do this.. cause i don't wanna get stuck in an arts degree for another year if i don't have a high enough WAM. Would it be easier to externally transfer from Commerce degree in Macq uni?
Thanks in advance.
this is pretty much the same problem i have except i also want to eventually do law.

atm im leaning more with B Business at UTS then try to transfer to comm/law at unsw, if not then just comm UNSW and then JD law but yeah i don't want to risk getting stuck in arts either :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)