Into the world - educating rita - essay help (1 Viewer)

Miz Janani

HSC
Hey peeps

Basically, i have an essay to write week 2 next term and we were given the question so im trying to prepare a model answer. The question is:

Individuals use different pathways when moving “into the world” and these pathways can provide opportunities for growth and change.
Discuss this statement in the light of your set text and two related texts

My set text is "Educating Rita" by Willy Russel.
My related texts are: "Looking for Alibrandi" by Melina Marchetta" and "21" directed by Robert Luketic.
I've written an intro and i was hoping that people reading this would be able to give me some tips on how to improve and whether im even on the right track.

My intro:

The different pathways used by an individual when moving “into the world” are always framed by the societal context in which they exist. These pathways provide opportunities for the protagonist to experience a wide variety of growth and change. The process of moving away from the past and entering a new world is a complex one that involves sacrifice, change and a sense of unknown. The protagonist can be both willing and forced to make their transition into the world, as can be both prevented and encouraged by the opportunities and pathways they are given. The play, “Educating Rita” by Willy Russell, the novel “Looking for Alibrandi” by Melina Marchetta and the film “21” directed by Robert Luketic explores the growth and changes that each protagonist must face in order to gain a new sense of knowledge, attitude and beliefs toward society.

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

FallenAnjewl

HSC
thats a good introduction =]
it answers the questions.
you've stated your thesis.
its a good general introduction
you're definetly on the right track

flon

HSC
erm isnt this in the standards packages? hahaha wow you almost copied it word for word.

Minlatt

HSC
Miz Janani Posted it in 2009 and your standards packages was made in 2012.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)