Introduction to Law (1 Viewer)

Jonathan A

HSC
How did you all find that exam? My personal thoughts, the statutory interpretation question was ambiguous itself, the third question related to an article of one of the hardest-to-understand authors, Julius Stone and the last question dealt with a topic we covered in half a seminar.

Gotta love it...lol

I have to say, I have done introductory law exams, three times by now (at different institutions/units), I have never come accross such an exam before. But that's my thought, suppose we should wait and see how it pans out. Other than that, I thought the executive powers question was not too bad at all.

Angel45

HSC
That was so hard...

I don't think I'm stupid...I think I understand intro... but I hope I pass the damn unit..crazy huh?!?

I spent so long on the 1st q. and still got nowhere with it. wasn't like past ones we'd practiced...and by the time I explained in the essays how everything is linked..I had like no time to properly answer it. aaaargh!

I'd prefer an exam midway thru the session to do maybe two essays and then another two at the end.. instead of 3+stat int.

Good luck with results.

raven1

HSC
i think that jerkface Igor shouldve stayed in southern France. There are plenty of russians in Bondi :chainsaw:

p.s. i shouldve done Bugs and Drugs exam instead

Last edited:
L

LaraB

stat interpret was kinda hard in a way
coz there were 2 pov's and both were kinda right so you kinda just had to say yeah well this was the purpose but either one coulda been...

stupid ambiguity

the quote bout judicialy legislative powers type stuff was stupid.... like...the quote was worded dodgily to start with....

the whole thing was too...general...except the last question which was just crap coz we had like 5 pages on it in the textbook to start with...

Jonathan A

HSC
The stat question is an example of a problem in interpretation. Section 15AB actually talks about using parts the Act refers to, so we had to take a step forward to talk about the literal meaning. Very tricky.

L

LaraB

Jonathan A said:
The stat question is an example of a problem in interpretation. Section 15AB actually talks about using parts the Act refers to, so we had to take a step forward to talk about the literal meaning. Very tricky.
yeah i did that..

i used literal approach for bits n quotes act sections n stuff that's relevant... btu then coz it contradicts coz its says it'll follow the convention but then uses a reason for denying entry that goes against the act so you gottta look at purpose blah blah blah...

Angel45

HSC
*feels ill*

Oh god, you guys seem to have understood it.. I was like what the heck is this? (the stat. int. q.) When I first read it it made no sense 2 me.. haha... I'm so gonna suck at uni I'm sensing coz I hate exams, no matter how hard I study.. and they're worth so much I'll hav to get used to it...

I guess I'll pass:S I spose there's 9 more lots of "uni exams" to do so perhaps there's time to make it up. Haha.

Like for those in Simon's class, u know the game strategy etc.. and how he showed us how to link heaps of stuff... I did all that in my study but found I didn't have enuf time in the exam!! Oh well.

Oh and btw are we meant to get 3hrs + 10mins reading. coz I was in EM05 and I swear we started at 3:00...read for 10 mins then went to six (correct me if i'm wrong)...which only gave us 2:50 4 actually doing the exam... 10 mins is 10 mins u know.

Least the del. leg was okay - as was int. law.. julius stone one got me a bit...and coz I did that last it's like effected my memory of the whole exam :p.

Bugs and Drugs - lol. When she called them ppl. in I was like hmm is that uni speak for intro to law :S. Haha.

Well, good luck every1. I'm confident u'll all do splendidly.

Angel45

HSC
Bugs and Drugs

Turns out Bugs and Drugs relates to diseases and stuff and how ppl. have treated 'em and "Selected issues will be explored including agents utilised in the alteration of sensory perception including hallucinogens as well as reaction to and manipulation of body image."

Haha - I looked it up on the net coz I was curious! What a gr8 name.

Jonathan A

HSC
Angel45 said:
*feels ill*

Oh god, you guys seem to have understood it.. I was like what the heck is this? (the stat. int. q.) When I first read it it made no sense 2 me.. haha... I'm so gonna suck at uni I'm sensing coz I hate exams, no matter how hard I study.. and they're worth so much I'll hav to get used to it...

I guess I'll pass:S I spose there's 9 more lots of "uni exams" to do so perhaps there's time to make it up. Haha.

Like for those in Simon's class, u know the game strategy etc.. and how he showed us how to link heaps of stuff... I did all that in my study but found I didn't have enuf time in the exam!! Oh well.

Oh and btw are we meant to get 3hrs + 10mins reading. coz I was in EM05 and I swear we started at 3:00...read for 10 mins then went to six (correct me if i'm wrong)...which only gave us 2:50 4 actually doing the exam... 10 mins is 10 mins u know.

Least the del. leg was okay - as was int. law.. julius stone one got me a bit...and coz I did that last it's like effected my memory of the whole exam :p.

Bugs and Drugs - lol. When she called them ppl. in I was like hmm is that uni speak for intro to law :S. Haha.

Well, good luck every1. I'm confident u'll all do splendidly.

I din't know exactly what I wrote. I can remember thinking to myself, all this study, I have done before, and this subject, as easy as it should be at other universities, had to be based on international law (something you choose as an elective in fourth year). Oh well, time for torts.

= Jennifer =

HSC
Jonathan A said:
lol that Bugs v Drugs, wondering if Austlii will bring anything up?

no it is bugs and drugs in our exam room there were two exams going the other unit was bugs and drugs the people doing it seemed happy with their exam on our side though well :(

Jonathan A

HSC
Ohh this is an interesting one lol

Have to do something about it tomorrow!

He was probably the only one who understand the paper.

L

LaraB

Jonathan A said:
Ohh this is an interesting one lol

Have to do something about it tomorrow!

He was probably the only one who understand the paper.
haha or he's like me and only fits like, 4 words per line lol..

i used 4 books but i only used 1 and a half pages extra in one and 2 pages extra in the other s it isnt' really that much more

plus i had huge chunks i scribbled out in my answers:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)