Is ANU a good uni? (1 Viewer)

crazygirl1

HSC
Kind of stressed few questions pls answer really need help!!!

1. How is the social life, people tell me not much to do in canberra? But im not really into clubbing or anything. But still wanna have a good social life.

2. Apparently anu is not good for undergrads? is this true, i wanna do commerce?
3. how is employability and internships?
4. Is it better to stay in syd and go to macquarie (unsw/usyd atar is too high for me)

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Kind of stressed few questions pls answer really need help!!!

1. How is the social life, people tell me not much to do in canberra? But im not really into clubbing or anything. But still wanna have a good social life.

2. Apparently anu is not good for undergrads? is this true, i wanna do commerce?
3. how is employability and internships?
4. Is it better to stay in syd and go to macquarie (unsw/usyd atar is too high for me)
Look I don't go to the uni so don't take my word for it, but I've heard a few people say that the only reason its so highly ranked is because its Australia's National Uni and as such receives heaps of funding for research etc..
If you want to look at employability just look at the Global employability rankings

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
You could also consider doing a year of commerce at ANU, and if you hate the experience transfer (need to have good grades though) into USYD/UNSW through UAC as an external transfer. Or try to transfer from Macquarie to USYD (also requires good grades).

What are you planning to major in? Are you thinking of going into banking, consulting, accounting? Which area of business are you seeking to gain employment in?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)