is anyone here studying AWAY? (1 Viewer)

Forza_Italia

Hey there ppl,
I was wondering if anyone out there is studying the play AWAY? If so, I was wondering if you could please send me some notes about the:
* Characters
* The Shakespeare speech that Tom says at the beginning and at the end
* What actually happened in the end, cos I didn't understand a damn thing
* Authors techniques and things like that

So if anyone's willing to help out, you're an angel my friend

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
which characters r u focusing on?

i really dont remember all my notes... but all this is from the top of my head... i burnt out all my typed notes, and i cant reach for the cd-rom... my rooms a mess and too lazy to clean

ANYWAY

- when tom reads king lear at the end it shows the audience that he has made amends since here, the play at the end talks bout moving unburdened towards death --- this connects to the beginning as this was tom pucks original intention

- michael gow uses symbols from king lear - like the storm and stuff. and the use for these symbols are the same for both away and king lear

- author juxtaposes characters and events to show change...

hmm... r u focusing on change?! coz all my notes r on 'change'
- well most of it.. let me know if they are so i dont type useless stuff.

ange182003

Away uses shakespearian allusions when making reference to a midsummers nights dream(MSND), king lear, the tempest and twelfth night. The quote from a MSND is used to close MSND, but opens away, while it is the reverse for king lear, were the opening scene is used to close away. A good idea is to watch the shakespear plays to gain a better insight and also u can see that some of the away characters can directly relate to the shakespearian characters. The quote from king lear shows toms acceptance of death and how he is ready the divide 'his kingdom' amoung the three famailies, while a MSND astablishes Toms role as Puck, being a 'catalyst' of change and 'restoring amends'. Away relates to the tempest and twelfth night as a storm plays a clear role in each of these.
Away uses the shakespearian elements by its use of the storm, the play with in a play and also the structure of it.
as i said before, the end is displaying toms acceptance of death by relating and reading the quote of king lear as he to faces his death.
As i said before, it is a really good idea to watch those shakepearian plays and video and also c if u can see away performed. i did last year and it really helped.
i hope i helped u, i ahve heaps of notes, but i cant scan them in

3BCS

We are doing AWAY as well :( at my school and we are having trouble at the minute getting it aswell....although we have only just started....

So we are agree that its not making any sense what so ever and if anyone can help us out it would be great!:D

evil_puggle

Originally posted by ange182003
Away uses shakespearian allusions when making reference to a midsummers nights dream(MSND), king lear, the tempest and twelfth night. The quote from a MSND is used to close MSND, but opens away, while it is the reverse for king lear, were the opening scene is used to close away. A good idea is to watch the shakespear plays to gain a better insight and also u can see that some of the away characters can directly relate to the shakespearian characters. The quote from king lear shows toms acceptance of death and how he is ready the divide 'his kingdom' amoung the three famailies, while a MSND astablishes Toms role as Puck, being a 'catalyst' of change and 'restoring amends'. Away relates to the tempest and twelfth night as a storm plays a clear role in each of these.
Away uses the shakespearian elements by its use of the storm, the play with in a play and also the structure of it.
as i said before, the end is displaying toms acceptance of death by relating and reading the quote of king lear as he to faces his death.
As i said before, it is a really good idea to watch those shakepearian plays and video and also c if u can see away performed. i did last year and it really helped.
i hope i helped u, i ahve heaps of notes, but i cant scan them in
ur notes would be about change wouldnt they? Rather than journey??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)