is anyone in yr11 doing dance??? (1 Viewer)

sammy77

HSC
is anyone in yr 11 and doing dance??? just so i no that there are actually ppl i can ask questions to lol. :)

loveforever

HSC
Hey! I am doing dance this year.
I'm really enjoying it overall, 'cos my teacher is quite young and she's so enthusiastic. It's cute!
We're doing composition at the moment, which I hate. So stressful... But at least I'll be better prepared for next year! Noooo... I don't want to think about it.

kathrynso

HSC
Yes! I am doing dance this year. I don't see why there's no dance forum for the prelim. Oh well. If you have any questions just ask me or anyone else on here. At the moment I have just finished a composition taught to a group of dancers, there is only 2 in our class and we showed that dance at Sydney South West Regional Dance Festival today! So excited. =) I love composition. The vivas are sucky though.

sparkle66

HSC
yeah same with me. Year 12 now arrrr lol. I think I'll major in composition next year..

kathrynso

HSC
I'm Majoring in Performance. My teacher says it's easier to get good marks in for my abilities and my workload. I love watching Compositions though, they are amazing. Can't wait to go to CallBack next year!

Is it just me or did I not see any newtown girls in this years top marks in dance HSC? I could be wrong.

RayMonda

HSC
N/A
You're right - no Newtown girls ...... or boys! ..... in the top 5 :confused: . It was Port Hacking, Nowra, Wollongong (with 2) & Newcastle. There are a couple of familiar names on the Honour Roll for over 90, but I'd love to know what those top 5 got.

kathrynso

HSC
Wow! That's so strange, I was always under the impression that Newtown PA were one of the best schools in dance, looking at last year's list. So I can't wait to watch CallBack next year to see the performances.

RayMonda

HSC
N/A
The thing is that Newtown actually has an excellent dance stream - and that's from an unbiased observer as I have no connections at all with them! ... they have some great dancers too!! All schools are going to have some years that produce stronger results than others. The biggest problem is the examination process itself, which is severely flawed and open to manipulation. Shame, :mad1:

Despite all that stuff, Callback should be particularly good this year!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)