Is band 5 possible with these ranks? (1 Viewer)

ThreeDots

HSC
My school is ranked in the 100s, and my ranks aren’t looking too good. Is a band 5 possible with these ranks if I do really well for my external HSC exam? I still have trials so I think I could pull my ranks up. If I want a band 5 in every subject, around what rank do you think I should aim for? I just want an atar over 80.

Mathematics ADV - 89/110
English ADV - 60/130
Modern History - 30/39
Economics - 36/39
Biology - 25/40

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
It is also important not to overlook the significance of HSC exams. While unfavourable ranks are detrimental to your performance (in your case, an example is your rank in Economics), HSC exams, given the fact that they contribute 50% of your HSC marks, constitute a great opportunity for you to improve your performance across your subjects, which maximises your chances of achieving HSC marks in the band 5 region, hopefully allowing you to achieve your desired ATAR.

In addition to the notion of the weighting of HSC exams, your current ranks may not all be as bad as you think. For instance, your ranks in English Advanced and Biology indicate that there is a high chance that your ATAR goal remains within reach. Of course, since you likely have assessment tasks/exams that are yet to be completed, your current ranks are not final and you also have a chance to improve those. At this particular point in time, it would be safe to suggest that the lowest of improvements can place you in a better position in terms of your internal performance. Improvement across your subjects (especially Economics and Modern History) is definitely the optimal outcome and would result in the most comfortable position as you approach your HSC exams.

I hope this helps! 😄

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Really? My ranks aren’t hopeless?! What ranks should I aim for if I want band 5?
Just know that nothing is ever set in stone until after you complete the HSC exam. Keep in mind that the HSC exam is 50% of the marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)