• Best of luck to the class of 2019 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • Help the next generation of students in the community for the new syllabus!
    Share your notes and exam papers on our Notes & Resources page

Is Dr Du Education any good? (1 Viewer)

ydog

HSC
How much do they charge?

Are the lessons actually HELPFUL???

Do the tutors simply the content and KNOW HOW to explain it in a conceptually simple way to understand?

Is the content EVEN relevant to school?

Ian Ch

HSC
How much do they charge?

Are the lessons actually HELPFUL???

Do the tutors simply the content and KNOW HOW to explain it in a conceptually simple way to understand?

Is the content EVEN relevant to school?
Tbh heres my opinions on dr du.
1. Pricing. I heard the pricing on 4u is around 1.8k per term for 3 and a half hours from my friend. But should be cheaper for 3u.
2. I attended dr du in year 10, and got into the B class. Entrance test is simply a measure of how far ahead of the syllabus you are. The test itself is not difficuilt, but rather contains stuff a term or 2 ahead of what pace your school should be at. The kids I was with in the class simply proved that being at the B class does not determine your capabilities at maths, but rather how ahead you are.
3. Teaching is decent at best, but it might be because i was in the B class. The teacher would often look through a answer book and copy and write on the board the sols to each question. If anyone had questions, they's usually put their hands up, but this would be rare. My friend who's in the A2 class agrees that the questions often at times can be rather to simple and so can the quiz. Getting 9-10s in the quiz is defo not hard, and there was this 1 girl in my class who got 10s every quiz lol.
4. In terms of content, the content is very much relevant to the syllabus. But I do seem to notice they skip some minute things.
5. Tutors imo who are better: Matrix is a pretty good alternative. Though i might get hate, the maths isnt that bad. Its better than dr du and goes more in depth in topics. Matrix achieves content depth rather than speed, whilst dr du is the other way around. So it really depends on the person I guess. Theres also Truongs, whom i've heard from many friends seem really good. And theres this guy called raghib who teaches very methodically and approaches maths different to many teachers I've encountered. He accelerates 2u in year 11 and approaches questions with efficency . If ur interested, just search up 'Aljabr maths' and u should wound up on a fb account.
6. Take my opinion with grain of salt, i was only there for 1 term and hated it cause the teaching really didnt suit me. You'll find alot of smart kids who go there that are smart because they are motivated, rather than solely because of dr du.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)