Is external UTS law to USYD law transfer worth it? (1 Viewer)

rainnie_days

HSC
Hey everyone!

I'm in my 3rd year doing Business/Law at UTS and wam of 82.3. I did one year of business at USYD before transferring over to UTS (I had wam of 71). I'm thinking if USYD would be worth it for me to apply to transfer back? I'm considering studying easier subjects earlier this sem to boost my chances but am not sure if it is worth it since I find it's so much easier to get higher marks here. I am also concerned about credit transfers etc.

Does anyone have some words of advice or been in my position? Thanks!

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
You're probably better off staying at UTS as you have reached an advanced stage in your degrees and already have a good WAM. Transferring back to USyd implies the need for time to readjust to USyd's way of doing things, not to mention the possibility that your WAM may eventually decrease due to USyd seemingly being more difficult to get good marks in than UTS as you mentioned (performance is quite important and is definitely something to consider). Credit transfers might also be a concern (although I'm not 100% sure) since USyd is said to be rather strict with credit transfers. Perhaps someone here could elaborate on credit transfers more specifically. Otherwise, you should probably contact USyd and see whether you can determine how much credit can be transferred.

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)