Is it a disadvantage to have an odd number of units? (1 Viewer)

Clueless0182

HSC
Hiii

So basically i am currently taking 13 units and i want to take 4U maths but idk if i'll get in. In the case i do get in im hoping to have either 10 or 12(pdhpe included) units.
However, if i don't get in, i would probably be taking 11 units (3U math, chem, bio, eng adv and pdhpe)

I have heard that taking an odd no. of units is a disadvantage cuz apparently one of the units don't stand alone and that it would only boost your weakest subject. I have also heard that say you do good in 3U, only one unit of your weakest subject will count. Is this true?? Could somebody please explain this to me.

Thanks,

idkkdi

HSC
Hiii

So basically i am currently taking 13 units and i want to take 4U maths but idk if i'll get in. In the case i do get in im hoping to have either 10 or 12(pdhpe included) units.
However, if i don't get in, i would probably be taking 11 units (3U math, chem, bio, eng adv and pdhpe)

I have heard that taking an odd no. of units is a disadvantage cuz apparently one of the units don't stand alone and that it would only boost your weakest subject. I have also heard that say you do good in 3U, only one unit of your weakest subject will count. Is this true?? Could somebody please explain this to me.

Thanks,
they count your 10 best units for your atar. i.e. the worst among the 10 best might be half a 2u subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)