Is it easy to transfer away from UNSW? (1 Viewer)

xhuuuuuu

HSC
Lets say I dont like UNSW is it easy to transfer to like USYD or something? I am not entirely sure as UNSW has trimesters and donno if that will make it harder to do so

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
The difference in structure in terms of the academic year, i.e. trimesters in the case of UNSW and semesters in the case of USyd has no effect on your ability to transfer to USyd. You can transfer into most USyd degrees. Your application will be assessed based on your ATAR or your university results (in this case, your results at UNSW), whichever is more favourable, i.e. whichever gives you the best chance of receiving an offer. It is important to note that your university results will only be considered if you have completed at least one year of full-time university study (or part-time equivalent if you intend to study part-time).

Since both UNSW and USyd are members of the Group of Eight, member universities have agreed to increase the opportunities for student mobility/transfer between them, which is done by facilitating the transfer of credit earned at the student's initial institution (in your case, UNSW).

I hope this helps! :D

Ledepressedrightnow

HSC
The difference in structure in terms of the academic year, i.e. trimesters in the case of UNSW and semesters in the case of USyd has no effect on your ability to transfer to USyd. You can transfer into most USyd degrees. Your application will be assessed based on your ATAR or your university results (in this case, your results at UNSW), whichever is more favourable, i.e. whichever gives you the best chance of receiving an offer. It is important to note that your university results will only be considered if you have completed at least one year of full-time university study (or part-time equivalent if you intend to study part-time).

Since both UNSW and USyd are members of the Group of Eight, member universities have agreed to increase the opportunities for student mobility/transfer between them, which is done by facilitating the transfer of credit earned at the student's initial institution (in your case, UNSW).

Is this our version of the ivy leagues?

Eric Cartman

HSC

Hi, sir, I am a dumb boy who wrote the wrong first preference in the January 26 round so I got the offer which I don't like, I can only apply my favourite offer in February first round offer, but the uac's list said "Limited vacancies likely in February Round 1" for that course. Is that means I will have no chance to get into this course? My atar is enough for this course, but I'm afraid they don't have vacancies for me, I screwed up😭

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi, sir, I am a dumb boy who wrote the wrong first preference in the January 26 round so I got the offer which I don't like, I can only apply my favourite offer in February first round offer, but the uac's list said "Limited vacancies likely in February Round 1" for that course. Is that means I will have no chance to get into this course? My atar is enough for this course, but I'm afraid they don't have vacancies for me, I screwed up😭
It is possible that the university offering the degree that you intend to apply for in February Round 1 will consider the best applicants since it is predicted that there may be limited vacancies in February Round 1. However, this does not mean that you don't have any chance of receiving a February Round 1 offer to study this degree, although in the event that there are limited vacancies in February Round 1, your chances may be impacted. One factor that may affect your chances is whether your ATAR significantly exceeds that required by the degree, in which case you may have a higher chance of receiving an offer.

If you don't end up receiving an offer (which will hopefully not occur), you can always transfer after completing one or more semesters in another degree.

Eric Cartman

HSC
It is possible that the university offering the degree that you intend to apply for in February Round 1 will consider the best applicants since it is predicted that there may be limited vacancies in February Round 1. However, this does not mean that you don't have any chance of receiving a February Round 1 offer to study this degree, although in the event that there are limited vacancies in February Round 1, your chances may be impacted. One factor that may affect your chances is whether your ATAR significantly exceeds that required by the degree, in which case you may have a higher chance of receiving an offer.

If you don't end up receiving an offer (which will hopefully not occur), you can always transfer after completing one or more semesters in another degree.
Thank you for reply, so is there a big chance that I will receive this offer under these conditions?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you for reply, so is there a big chance that I will receive this offer under these conditions?
No worries. With a bit of luck, you hopefully do. Keep in mind that you have met the essential admission requirement for your degree, being the ATAR and that this is definitely a positive indicator. :)

Ledepressedrightnow

HSC
Ok then, Australia has a lot of work to do so that the group of 8 become better than the ivy league schools. Hopefully, it is possible.

gunnye

HSC

Would most units in the course be full by the time Feb offers come out?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Would most units in the course be full by the time Feb offers come out?
This is unlikely. First-year units are typically designed to be taken by a large number of students. For instance, core units will likely be taken by students studying the same degree whose major(s) differ, meaning that such units need to accommodate a sufficient number of places for students taking them.

xhuuuuuu

HSC

wouldn't the trimesters conflict with the semesters when transferring away from UNSW? or is it all possible?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
wouldn't the trimesters conflict with the semesters when transferring away from UNSW? or is it all possible?
Apart from the need to adjust your study plan to fit the semester system at USyd, there shouldn’t be any issues/conflicts. As mentioned in my initial reply, by that time, USyd will assess the higher of your ATAR or university results at UNSW and will also review your current progress to determine whether you could be granted recognition for prior learning, which may depend on the relevance of the USyd degree/program that you are transferring to in terms of the UNSW degree that you enrolled in initially.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)