Is it Possible To Get Paper Back? (1 Viewer)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Of course it's not impossible. All you need is a gun :p

blazezs

Originally posted by babydoll_
when you signed the form before/after every exam, you basically told BOS that they owned your paper, so no you can't get it back
Well, we were told to sign the blue form simply because they said it was to check whether we were here or not!!

They can't just say now that the blue form was of a total different thing now can they? Well they can try, but of course if you receive enough media attention they surely will give up ;)

And no illegal methods thank you very much, lol you can do it yourself and during your illegal approach mind asking them to give back my one so i can pick it up from you someday ;)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by blazezs
Can you? I thought you can only ahh have them rechecked!

It can't be, look those blue forms we sign was to say we were present and performing the HSC..It didn't say I <Insert Name> give permission for the Board Of Studies the full ownership of my exam paper!!

It is illegal without it being clearly printed in the blue form!! There was an offer by the BOS, I gave consent to it but had no idea about it...THEY WERE INVOLVED IN Deceiving the students thereby the contract we signed does not have legal standing ;)

It does say they can do whatever they want with the papers, if you read the blue form it clearly stated it.

and no the papers do not get burnt, after a period of 3 - 5 yrs i think, then they get it recycled, but for now it's kept somewhere, i duno how on earth they can archive it, we probably have a folder for ourselves each stored somewhere :S...

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I don't understand the purpose of students not being allowed their papers back. I know it'd be a hassle sending them all back, but aside from that, I don't see any sort of problem it would cause, and why they make such a big thing out of them not being returned. I reckon people should be able to request to have them returned, if they are willing to pay a fee to cover the cost and time of sending it back. (although not some sort of $8 for 15mins sham!)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Curiously enough, the Board is claiming to have no knowledge of such a form.

Odd, because I know I also had to sign it back in 2001.

I'm attempting to get a copy of it (as it's relevant to certain other matters I have to deal with) - the bigshots are apparently returning from leave next week. We'll have to wait and see.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Even if they were to keep the originals would you be able to request a photocopy of the exam, that way they still keep the exam and cant complain about losing it or anything.

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
Well I think another reason they do it is to protect the integrity of the markers and schools. The BOS would receive many complaints from both students and teachers complaining about the quality, harshness etc. of the marking.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I'm not sure whether you're still interested in this, but I've managed to obtain a copy of the form which you would have all signed.

The relevant clauses are:

3. The Board of Studies reserves the right to retain or destroy students' original written Higher School Certificate examination answers.

4. The Board of Studies may use students' original written HSC examination answers in its education publications.
There is nothing which prohibits access to your examination scripts, aside from the fact that they may have already been destroyed - but I doubt that would have occurred yet. There's also nothing which transfers your intellectual property (i.e. actual ownership of the examination script content) over to the Board.

If you wanted to pursue it, it seems as though you'd have a case.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
You can do it!

Your the to-be lawyer!

I want to see my Mathematics Extension 1 Paper!!!

Wahlito

If anyone is successful in getting them back, please post about it, as i am also interestied in seeing one of mine.

Maybe we could do a group petition from all BoS members lol, that ought to create some sort of pressure on em... well maybe. lol

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I can't go and ask for your paper - it doesn't work that way. :p

You need to follow it up yourself. But I'm happy to help.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
dont know about the destruction of papers (though logistically it makes sense- how many students sat the HSC last ith each student sitting , what approx 5/6 exams with 2/3 book minimum being written= a hell of a lot of paper) but Im pretty sure (95%) that the Board views all papers as their property(their view, not mine! -- you are taking THEIR test after all) and what they do with them is really their business (in their eyes and I guess, from a 'legal" POV (use this term very loosely so please dont jump down my throat- couldnt think of a better term OK) + why would you want the papers back / Other than to keep for historical sake, they really are useless because the markers are not allowed to mark the booklets in anyway or form other than a signature on the front cover and a small tick on each page to show thatit has been read ie there is no feedback/cooments etc written on the paper.
(*showing my ignorance here*) Unless you want it because you wrote a particularly good "English story" or something, why *would* you want it back? You have the questions and sam-ple answers, so further study use isnt a reason is it??

Just curious so please dont bite my head off...........

Last edited:
theres no way u can get it back
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. The Board of Studies reserves the right to retain or destroy students' original written Higher School Certificate examination answers.

4. The Board of Studies may use students' original written HSC examination answers in its education publications.

retain = keep.
keep= ownership
ownership= can do anything theyw ant with it
can do antyhing they want with it = not give it to you
im sure million of kids have tried already
they do it sot hat people cant scab marks.

and to save money, which is always the bottom line

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by worlds greatest
retain = keep.
keep= ownership
ownership= can do anything theyw ant with it
can do antyhing they want with it = not give it to you
im sure million of kids have tried already
they do it sot hat people cant scab marks.

and to save money, which is always the bottom line
You just cant keep redifining words.

Joy=Happy
Happy=Gay
Gay=Homosexual
Homosexual=Lesbians

therefore all joyful activities must involve lesbians.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
i would like my IPT paper back to see...where the hell my brain was when i stuffed up 12 marks straight!:chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)