Is it Possible? (1 Viewer)

lordofthestring

HSC
Hey dudes, i was wondering if it's still possible to become a secondary music teacher if you complete the bmus studies/bachelor of arts degree, rather than the bmus education degree (both at the SYD Con). Yeh, just curious...
Cheers.

champo14

HSC
Didn't you just start a thread saying you wanted to be an audio engineer? I suppose you could do both.

To answer your question I have no idea. But I would assume you need an education degree to become a teacher.

RJO1988

HSC
lordofthestring said:
Hey dudes, i was wondering if it's still possible to become a secondary music teacher if you complete the bmus studies/bachelor of arts degree, rather than the bmus education degree (both at the SYD Con). Yeh, just curious...
Cheers.
Unfortunantly not!! :( I was doing the BMusEd degree until 2008 (end of 2007) because they've changed it slightly and it's not really good... for me ANYWAYS!! so yeh... :D As far as I know that is!!...

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
I would research the possibility of doing your chosen BMus/BA course and then doing a Post Graduate Diploma of Education. The Con may not offer the GradDipEd but you don't have to do it there.

It may take a little longer, but IMHO (being an older person now teaching after finishing a GradDipEd and one who was also teaching when I was first out of school and doing the GradDipEd concurrently) that being older and more removed from school age and more experienced in life helps to be a better teacher (in my experience, anyway).

There are always many paths to the same outcome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)