Is law degree at UNSW worth it? (1 Viewer)

Mae808

HSC
N/A
Is it better ot get a law degree at UNSW rather than the other unis such as uts, usyd and uow. and is the LAT test and premium LAT test masterclass worth it since it costs $795 just to be taught how to prepare for it but it only goes for 2 days. I would ask my careers advisor but she went on a holiday and theres no replacement for her and i would like know be able to make up my mind to apply for the LAT test.

Mae808

HSC
N/A
The LAT test also costs $189 so i do not want to fail that either

airora

HSC
costs $795 just to be taught how to prepare for it but it only goes for 2 days
idk what this masterclass is, but it is definitely not worth it😭. The test really just tests your ability to structure your response cohesively, analytically and coherently -- these are all skills you've learned through high school, and I doubt a 'masterclass' will teach you anything remotely more profound than what you already know about essay-writing.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
It is also important to note that ACER and UNSW do not recommend or endorse any commercially available courses offering LAT preparation. As mentioned above, The LAT is designed to assess a candidate's ability to generate their own ideas and express themselves through writing.

Regarding your initial question, you should consider your career aspirations, i.e. what do you intend to do in the professional world as a Bachelor of Laws graduate? USyd and UNSW are seen as having good law schools as well as programs, and high achieving Bachelor of Laws holders from both institutions are typically given the priority with respect to employment opportunities, particularly at the larger law firms. Of course, while favourable performance (results + GPA/WAM) throughout your time at university is important, work experience (typically through clerkships) is also encouraged and can assist you in further demonstrating your knowledge and skills to prospective employers, irrespective of the university that you choose to attend.

I hope this helps! :D

idkkdi

HSC
Is it better ot get a law degree at UNSW rather than the other unis such as uts, usyd and uow. and is the LAT test and premium LAT test masterclass worth it since it costs $795 just to be taught how to prepare for it but it only goes for 2 days. I would ask my careers advisor but she went on a holiday and theres no replacement for her and i would like know be able to make up my mind to apply for the LAT test.
Take the lat for sure. Masterclass idk.

vishnay

God
HSC
no one ik who does law at unsw did a masterclass for lat

hellohowslife

HSC
trust me UNSW law is not hard to get into at all, especially compared to USYD lol. u can get in with like a 94ish atar (probs even less) and average lat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)