is music getting worse? (1 Viewer)

mylilwindmill

Originally posted by amoz_lilo
i like coldplay and no doubt....but the atomic kittens piss me off omg u call that music and that annoying song that keeps on getting replayed over all the fm radio stations: me against the music

dam rite atomic kitten n all the rest i cant believe ppl actually listen to that crap
but any artist/s who write their own songs play their own instruments i have respect for...even if i dun personally like them
bands that push the limits of music and use new ideas to enhance their music i also admire. they prove music can do amazing things, instead of insult it and abuse it like all those pop artists, especially boy bands.boy bands should be all hanged

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
seriously HIPHOP RAP and RnB is the best...lolz just look at the global statistics conducted by BBC which says more than 58% of the world poprlation who listen to music prefer RnB RAP and HIPHOP....i guess i am one of that 58%....so long suckers...Rock is no fucking competetion to hiphop.....and it will never come back.

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by zahid
seriously HIPHOP RAP and RnB is the best...lolz just look at the global statistics conducted by BBC which says more than 58% of the world poprlation who listen to music prefer RnB RAP and HIPHOP....i guess i am one of that 58%....so long suckers...Rock is no fucking competetion to hiphop.....and it will never come back.
Simply put, popularity is not an indication of quality. With few exceptions, most popular music isn't good music. This is largely due to factors such as 'sex appeal' and 'look' etc:..Besides mass advertising campaigns.

By your logic, P Daddy/Diddy/Doodily(Or *Insert other rap star here*) is a true, brilliantly talented artist on the virtue of being popular. (Not saying all rap music is horrible though.. Just most of it. Outkast are pretty good, for instance.)

This stands for rock music as well. Most of the best music can still be found in the underground, in any genre.

Last edited:

Aaron1911

Well since you're such a proud hiphop fan, please tell us the artists you listen to.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by Gregor Samsa
Simply put, popularity is not an indication of quality. With few exceptions, most popular music isn't good music. This is largely due to factors such as 'sex appeal' and 'look' etc:..Besides mass advertising campaigns.

By your logic, P Daddy/Diddy/Doodily(Or *Insert other rap star here*) is a true, brilliantly talented artist on the virtue of being popular. (Not saying all rap music is horrible though.. Just most of it. Outkast are pretty good, for instance.)

This stands for rock music as well. Most of the best music can still be found in the underground, in any genre.
couldn't have put it better myself

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Originally posted by Aaron1911
Well since you're such a proud hiphop fan, please tell us the artists you listen to.
2pac....DUH
Notorious BIG
Dr Dre
Nate dogg
Ice Cube
Big Pun
Ludacris
Bonethugs
Outcast
Crooklyn clan
Twista
Snoop

Aaliah
Beyonce
Kellis
Ms Jade
Trina
Ashanti
Sean paul
Avant
JS
Mya

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
5-10 years ago boy bands were in the same place as rap and hip hop are now, top of the charts, the most popular music etc... people woke up and realised it was shit.. people will most probably do that with rap and hip hop. rap and hip hop are fads, and like all fads, will become tedious, and soon wear itself out
whereas rock has lived since the late 60's early 70's, and it is still going

Originally posted by Gregor Samsa

well put

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by Mojoman
5-10 years ago boy bands were in the same place as rap and hip hop are now, top of the charts, the most popular music etc... people woke up and realised it was shit.. people will most probably do that with rap and hip hop. rap and hip hop are fads, and like all fads, will become tedious, and soon wear itself out
whereas rock has lived since the late 60's early 70's, and it is still going
People will finally realize that all they've been hearing the last few years is repetition and they will end up getting sick of it and wanting something original.

Aaron1911

Originally posted by chelloveck
"Simply put, popularity is not an indication of quality"

i like this...an analogy,

the nazi party was popular in germany in the 1930's...this does not mean that the nazi party was good.
Depends on how you look at it, really. Sure, if you were a Jew the Nazi party being around would have sucked bigtime. But for ordinary Germans, i'm not so sure. Cheap cars, cheap radios, low unemployment...all for price of giving up democratic freedom but who gives a shit about political rights if you're starving?

This is the second time i've seen you use the Germany analogy in the two threads i've seen you reply to...are you Jew or something?

chelloveck

i'm feeling fat and sassy
fenner hall. perving on mcdickpants across the roa
HSC
the general concensus in germany was that they were happy with the nazi party, of course the jews weren't but they were a minority. this simply says "popularity is not an indication of quality", it doesn't matter how you look at it, the nazi party WAS popular and they still did really bad things.

did i use this analogy before? in which thread? i think i might have used an analogy involving hitler, but not the nazi party and it's popularity...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Mojoman
i totally agree, and hip hop has already started wearing out on me now. but some of the early rnb was good, i still like it, just now it seems there is too much of it.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by bluesky100
This is the very reason I listen to the old stuff now.
me too, and i have realised a lot of people our age are getting back into the old stuff, the classics btw, not the boy bands

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by iambored
me too, and i have realised a lot of people our age are getting back into the old stuff, the classics btw, not the boy bands
its cos we want stuff that will stand the test of time, not passing fads...

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by cro_angel
theres too much of the whole rapper thing.. its so boring and they all sound the same
i miss rock
rock is there.. u just have to know where to look

Aaron1911

What I find annoying is when they mix rnb chorus with rap verses. It hurts both genres imo.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
there's more of it going on now. more hip hop stuff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)