Is PDHPE a bludge? (1 Viewer)

Sxmm

HSC
I'm currently in year 10 and was talking to one of my teachers, she was saying that PDHPE is nowhere near a bludge or easy subject. I feel like its always good to have a subject that doesn't require you to put blood sweat and tears in so that you can focus on the harder subjects. Obviously, in year 11 and 12 I will be studying very hard for each subject but having a subject that isn't boring and isn't that hard is something I'm looking for. I was thinking about modern or ancient history and wanted to take your opinion on how easy these subjects are. Please and Thank You :)

studiesofboard

HSC
  • PDHPE is a writing based subject - I do not do it but If you look at past papers and syllabus you will see what I am talking about
  • Modern History - I do this subject - not a bludge - heavy writing subject - I hate it
  • Both PDHPE and Modern are writing subjects

Sxmm

HSC
  • PDHPE is a writing based subject - I do not do it but If you look at past papers and syllabus you will see what I am talking about
  • Modern History - I do this subject - not a bludge - heavy writing subject - I hate it
  • Both PDHPE and Modern are writing subjects
Thank you very much, I'm guessing ancient history is the same?

c8

HSC
Just my two cents, but PDHPE is fairly easy in that you don't need much brain power to pick up the content and hence isn't too hard to do okay at it. However, it can often be quite hard to get into the really high band 6 because since everyone knows like the basic content, they require really specific structuring. You also need quite a bit on consistency in memorising the content and practising responses but yeah other than that I would definitely say it's on the easier side of the HSC subjects

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
I'm currently in year 10 and was talking to one of my teachers, she was saying that PDHPE is nowhere near a bludge or easy subject. I feel like its always good to have a subject that doesn't require you to put blood sweat and tears in so that you can focus on the harder subjects. Obviously, in year 11 and 12 I will be studying very hard for each subject but having a subject that isn't boring and isn't that hard is something I'm looking for. I was thinking about modern or ancient history and wanted to take your opinion on how easy these subjects are. Please and Thank You :)
consider languages

BeastModeBilly

HSC
pdh content is very straight forward and logical, especially if you enjoy it. Even the questions for HSC are very predictable because unlike most subjects, they never stray far from the verb in the students learn to column of the syllabus. I would say PDH is MY chill out subject. Don't get me wrong though, you MUST put in a lot of effort(mainly rote learning) to achieve highly, like any subject. I think if its a subject you enjoyed in year 10, and nothing you like better is on the same subject choice line, I'd say go for it. At our school though, it is pretty full of drop kicks, so it can be quite easy to get caught up in not wanting to do the work. This shouldn't sway your choice for picking it though, as long as your in the top quarter of the class, scaling shouldn't effect you too much either. Honestly is a good subject if you are into what its all about. Best way to find out is google the syllabus on nesa and have a look at the content, or even ask a PDH teacher if you can sit in the back of one of their lessons.

tito981

HSC
if you didn't do PASS as an elective in year 9 and 10 and you have no specific interest in the subject it can be overwhelming as the teacher may go fast due to everyone doing the basic content during year 9 and 10, at least this is what it was like for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)