Is Rawmarks database reliable? (1 Viewer)

PCNQQn2

HSC
N/A
Would you like me to send you the NESA rawmarks report?
Is it possible that student applied for illness/misadventure and the aligned exam mark was an estimate based on their assessment mark? It would explain the discrepancy.

yanujw

HSC
Wait a second, aren't hsc marks determined from both raw external and moderated internal marks? So there isn't a one-to-one relationship between raw and hsc marks.

That would account for the example above i.e. maybe the 49/70 aligning to 95 was the result of a very good internal mark obtained relative to external performance.

PCNQQn2

HSC
N/A
Wait a second, aren't hsc marks determined from both raw external and moderated internal marks? So there isn't a one-to-one relationship between raw and hsc marks.
What students should be supplying to the rawmarks database is the raw mark as well as the aligned exam mark - not the HSC mark.

carrotsss

HSC

That would account for the example above i.e. maybe the 49/70 aligning to 95 was the result of a very good internal mark obtained relative to external performance.
Nope, they are referring to the aligned exam mark, which doesn’t include that.

edwxnsamuel

HSC
Is it possible that student applied for illness/misadventure and the aligned exam mark was an estimate based on their assessment mark? It would explain the discrepancy.
It would be pretty silly of me to bring up a mark that had adjustments due to illness 😁 but yeah, just to clear any doubts, the mark didn't have any estimate adjustments added onto it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)