Is the degree cost for Computer Science on the Art of Smart website accurate? (1 Viewer)

temporarylol

HSC
I was comparing the degree cost for computer science in USYD and UNSW, and I was wondering if the costs below are accurate?

4.png5.png

HSC
Lol since when is usyd better than unsw for comp sci... everyone that I've talked to about cs has said the opposite

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
It seems fairly accurate for USyd's Bachelor of Advanced Computing.

I am not entirely sure whether the same can be said about UNSW. The Art of Smart article may be outdated, given that UNSW now calls this degree the Bachelor of Science (Computer Science). It also appears to include a link to the 2020 handbook instead of the 2023 handbook, which raises questions about how up-to-date/accurate it might be, including the mentioned cost of the degree. It would be a good idea to contact UNSW to determine whether the actual cost is similar to that mentioned by Art of Smart.

temporarylol

HSC
It seems fairly accurate for USyd's Bachelor of Advanced Computing.

I am not entirely sure whether the same can be said about UNSW. The Art of Smart article may be outdated, given that UNSW now calls this degree the Bachelor of Science (Computer Science). It also appears to include a link to the 2020 handbook instead of the 2023 handbook, which raises questions about how up-to-date/accurate it might be, including the mentioned cost of the degree. It would be a good idea to contact UNSW to determine whether the actual cost is similar to that mentioned by Art of Smart.
Thanks for the reply! I'll contact them and see what the costs are now

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Last edited:

dasfas

HSC
The cost is about 8k per year, so 24k for UNSW, 32k for USYD. You might want to also factor in the opportunity cost from studying for longer (1 year worth of salary lost), but its also 1 year less in uni (making friends, getting internship experience etc)

Both unis are good at compsci, the choice should come down to trimesters vs semesters, commute time, scholarships

Vall

HSC
oh lol everyone (including me) but dasfas missed that the USyd one is a year longer so obviously will cost more
I think this is because its for USyd's bachelor of advanced computing rather than a bachelor of science where you major in computer science (which I'm pretty sure is also an option at both USyd and UNSW and then they'd probably cost the same)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)