Is this possible? (1 Viewer)

frenchy

I've always been a top student, my ranking and marks have always been good. I was also Vice president of my SRC.
Although i did decent in the HSC (marks in the 70's), i got a uai of 60.95 which means i miss out on Nursing which i really want to do.

Do you think i could go to the head of UWS, and plead my case that i do have the ability to do well (proving it with my school reports and commendations letters from the principal for excellent reports and references from SRC advisor, Principal and Year advisor), in a hope to be let in? would it work?

Also does anyone know how many UWS takes in for Nursing each year?

psycho_mushy

HSC
I really would doubt it..

that's the same as saying "'If I give a blow-job to the dean, do u think he'll let me in"

but yeah.. there's always different options!

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
Depends on the uni.

I know down here in Canberra (UC and ANU), the Head of the Division has NO power in admitting student i.e. All students are admitted through the Admissions Committee therefore it is all done through marks ...

Some unis let the Dean have powers to admit students - but with the whole corruption thing these days, I think no uni would allow it anymore.

Prehaps you could do Enrolled Nursing @ TAFE, go well, then articulated into Registered Nursing at UWS - and get credit for previous study..

Casey

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
i doubt it also. because if you think about, everyone else who is in the same boat as you would or could do the same thing and the dean would have 99999999 students coming to him saying " yeah let me in because i have the potential but i didnt show it in my uai ".

dont worry about it though, there are other pathways. eg. doing a different course and transferring or going to tafe etc. the only downfall is you'll be a year behind others which i dont think is a major problem if it means doing what you really want to do.

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
get into uws, then get a credit avg and transfer.
u only miss out on a term then.

Dingo

Banned
just give the president of uws a blowjob, im sure he will consider you

peace^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)