Is this the end for me? (1 Viewer)

CurrentlyUseless

HSC
Hey everyone,

Tomorrow is the final trial exam for me (chem) and I've messed up royally. If I'm lucky, my ranks will be in the top ten (or twenty) after all this, but my school's ranking is around 200. Realistically, is there any chance of me getting a 90+ ATAR if I really step up my game in the HSC exams?

I realise there's no way to know for sure and internal ranks get moderated (which is what worries me, considering my school's relatively weak science cohort) so they do account for 50% of the final marks. Are there any success stories with students who went to low ranking schools, didn't do well in the internal assessment tasks (rank-wise) and ended up getting a high ATAR?

I'm in desperate need of motivation right now.

Thanks!

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I would recommend that you study and try as hard as you can, as even if you just miss the cut off there is still possible that you can get into your course or a similar course then transfer. Lower ranking schools can jump significantly depending on cohort performance so after exams share your resources with your classmates, and this will increase your chance of getting a higher ATAR.

Frostguard

HSC
It most certainly is not the end for you!! Just because you perform 'bad' in one subject doesn't mean you bomb out for the others and ruin your ATAR goal, all you gotta do now is study extra hard as Blit2014 suggested, sure it might be difficult to get a desired HSC mark for Chemistry but that doesn't mean you should give up just yet, just study extra and remember that school ranks fluctuate, you may go (or down) but you never know, just help each other out and study hard and hopefully you can get the mark/ATAR you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)