Is this the end of the world?is e3 even possible? (1 Viewer)

Studymates

HSC
at the moment i can only get 60/120 max :(
i just feel like bloody killing myself,this is so depressing! i've been crying to myself in bed the whole time so far, i've cut my wrists twice, i only returned home at 10pm and i didn't talk to my parents...i dno what to do, because i was getting maybe 75-85 in all past papers then this happened! what do you think i'm looking at now? FML.

rawrence

HSC
i just feel like bloody killing myself,this is so depressing! i've been crying to myself in bed the whole time so far, i've cut my wrists twice, i only returned home at 10pm and i didn't talk to my parents...i dno what to do, because i was getting maybe 75-85 in all past papers then this happened! what do you think i'm looking at now? FML.
Whoah whoah, calm down tiger. Firstly, the HSC is not the end of the world. You'll look back in 4 years time and think what a joke! Life's much harder than a stupid exam.

Secondly, you will do better than expected (or so I've heard), yeah I know, I've been pretty down as well, but you just gotta tell yourself, there's more things to worry about, besides it's over, embrace it!

And finally. Stop thinking about what you will get, what you can get, estimates. If you really want to feel better don't think about that shit

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
It's an exam - all of this is over in a month or so and after that, your HSC is just a piece of paper and has no more value than your Year 10 SC. A 60/120 will get you about 84 exam mark which isn't bad - don't forget to account for the scaling and counting MX1 as 2 unit. You won't go bad.

Seriously, don't slit your wrist - how does it benefit you? Provoking yourself even further isn't the way to go so how about just doing something you like doing: TV, Facebook...etc.

KevinL337

HSC
man does everyone here like do well or something. i would consider 60 good. right now im looking at a 30 :S

Studymates

HSC
Whoah whoah, calm down tiger. Firstly, the HSC is not the end of the world. You'll look back in 4 years time and think what a joke! Life's much harder than a stupid exam.

Secondly, you will do better than expected (or so I've heard), yeah I know, I've been pretty down as well, but you just gotta tell yourself, there's more things to worry about, besides it's over, embrace it!

And finally. Stop thinking about what you will get, what you can get, estimates. If you really want to feel better don't think about that shit
thank you for your support,i really appreciate it ♥
i decided to watch a movie to take my mind off it (it worked)
will start to hardcore study 3U tomorrow and get back on track (atm im getting for past papers 60-70/84)
once again thanks :)

rawrence

HSC
thank you for your support,i really appreciate it ♥
i decided to watch a movie to take my mind off it (it worked)
will start to hardcore study 3U tomorrow and get back on track (atm im getting for past papers 60-70/84)
once again thanks :)
That's the spirit. And no problemo, I've always had a major problem dealing with these problems myself!

HSC
Uni Grad
If you're in this situation, and if you want to consider doing more maths in uni, just think about tanking uni maths, like what Shadowdude did. I recall that went from getting 59/120 in his ext 2 maths exam, up to 84% in his first semester maths course. :)

But as of now, what's more important is tanking 3U. That's all you have left. Ace this one and you probably should make up for it :)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Warning: Any comments deemed to be out of line will result in an immediate ban. If you think you're crossing the line, don't post it.

The HSC isn't everything. MX2 isn't everything. A 60 is still mid band 5.

If you're that depressed about it - you need to talk to someone about it. And I mean someone who is qualified to handle such matters - not a bunch of teenagers on an online forum.

Get help, go see your counselor at school. It'd be worth so much more than 1 hour studying MX1. Your family and friends would appreciate it more.

If you don't want to leave the home, call Lifeline. 13 11 14.

Studymates

HSC
Warning: Any comments deemed to be out of line will result in an immediate ban. If you think you're crossing the line, don't post it.

The HSC isn't everything. MX2 isn't everything. A 60 is still mid band 5.

If you're that depressed about it - you need to talk to someone about it. And I mean someone who is qualified to handle such matters - not a bunch of teenagers on an online forum.

Get help, go see your counselor at school. It'd be worth so much more than 1 hour studying MX1. Your family and friends would appreciate it more.

If you don't want to leave the home, call Lifeline. 13 11 14.
dw,man it's nothing like that,i'm just uber depressed because usually i get 80-90 raw marks
and during the exam i panicked and don't know what overtook me and am only managing ~62 max after marking my answers :(
but thanks for your support ♥

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
dw,man it's nothing like that,i'm just uber depressed because usually i get 80-90 raw marks
and during the exam i panicked and don't know what overtook me and am only managing ~62 max after marking my answers :(
but thanks for your support ♥
It's nothing like that? I'd say cutting yourself (twice) are signs that something is definitely wrong, beyond the norm. I know 'depressed' (after exams), however, I would never have considered any form of self-harm. Anything beyond crying is something that needs some form of help (to a close friend or parent), and I would strongly urge you to reconsider. It's nothing to be ashamed about - we all have our moments.

And don't worry about MX2. You have at least 4 other units of work which you can be doing. I believe your time would be better off spent there, because that can result in your marks and ATAR improving. Mulling over MX2 and crying over spilt milk, won't.

Other advice:

1. Don't look up solutions the night after. Seriously, I've been there, done that.
2. Have a look at this announcement - http://community.boredofstudies.org/announcement.php?f=972&a=179
3. An E3 is most definitely possible on those marks.

Last edited:

bikinigal

HSC
N/A
It definitely isn't the defining moment in your life. My eldest son (2008 HSC) got around a 48-50 raw which aligned to a 75. He ended up getting a UAI of 96.4, is ripping through a B Eng (PV Solar) / B Sc (Physics) double @ UNSW, is sitting on a Distinction WAM & has scored a summer Research Scholarship. What would have happened if he believed that his 4U exam mark was the portent of things to come? Please take Aereth's advice and talk to someone about how you feel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)