• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is this true abt the HAST? (1 Viewer)

jane1820

HSC
i just realised that my HAST results said at the bottom from last yr that not everyone gets their HAST results except the top achievers n then get compared, eg if i come 29/100 i woukd get my results cus im in the top n then get compared to other top achievers and deduce if im either top 25%, middle 50%, or low 25%; my question is did anyone who did the HAST last yr NOT recieve their results? Or is it bull to make the candidates feel better abt themselves?

Evidence:20240804_181524.jpg

HSC
I think they meant 'scores for these tests' as in scoring.. anything in the tests. So, yes, it is to make you feel better, but they are not saying that only the top people get their results.

Rick Mendoza

HSC
N/A
I think they meant 'scores for these tests' as in scoring.. anything in the tests. So, yes, it is to make you feel better, but they are not saying that only the top people get their results.
Nah I think what they mean by 'general student population' is moreso your friends, acquaintances, people around you in school, those who did Naplan etc.
It's not comparing you to the general (Sydney?) student population, it's comparing you to the student population of those who had the same school aspirations (and potentially similar intellect) as you - henceforth they refer to it as a 'special candidate population of above average ability' because why would the average Joe (without preparation at least) take the test?
Also, the tests are mainly a balance of skill and logic, and since selection margins between students are often miniscule, any or at least most participants may as well be of above-average ability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)