Is wireless broadband free @ UTS?? (1 Viewer)

smallcattle

HSC
is it free of charge?? is there any limitations like download limit?? how many hours you can use etc??

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
yes.yes-no.unlimited i think?

but seriously.. you gonna sit at uni. 24/7 and use wireless internet? :p

i don't think we have a download limit.. im pretty sure we don't. but obviously u get the usual restrictions like no chatting, games, downloading off BT and kazaa e.t.c.

chatting is fine on your own computer.. coz at building 10 they have msn on their computers so it shouldn't be a problem anyway...

but yeah... its the games and downloading i think they watch out for... or if they even bother to lol

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Yes its free and unlimited, however most P2P ports are blocked obviously, so you will only be able to do normal stuff.

azn_spirit

...messed up...
HSC
Whoo...sweeeet ...so can't wait to go to UTS and exploit the wireless broadband hee hee hee..nah cool though how you can convieniently access the net with your notebook anywhere, I have a PDA so I can access the net with that also :p...just one question, how accessible is the wireless broadband, like where are its areas/boundaries + whats the bandwidth like?

smallcattle

HSC
Panda Bear said:
eh jasse... hmmmmmm p2p applications blocked? ;)

what if i use the "other ports" ;)
yeh.. i was wondering the same question.... most p2p apps nowdays allow u to choose any ports

and what about http and ftp downloads.. r they allowed??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)