Islam hajj help (1 Viewer)

-pari-

HSC
N/A
i'm quite confused about the order of the rituals towards the end,
i'm gettin different info from different sources, so if anyone could help me out that'd be great :)

starts off with

ihram + prayer at miqat --> tawaf #1 --> drink from zamzam well --> sa'i between mountains --> go and rest at mina valley --> next morning go to plain of arafat --> that night go to muzdalifa --> in the mornin travel back to mina valley

this is where i get confused.

at some places it says once ur back in mina you --> throw stones --> make sacrifice --> cut hair --> go to mecca for another tawaf & ur finished

some places it says once your back in mina you throw stones ---> make sacrfice --> another tawaf --> back to mina ---> another tawaf & THEN ur done

and some places say GOD KNOWS what else

so if anyone knows what happens after travelling to mina from muzdalifa, please let me know :eek:

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
-pari- said:
i'm quite confused about the order of the rituals towards the end,
i'm gettin different info from different sources, so if anyone could help me out that'd be great :)

starts off with

ihram + prayer at miqat --> tawaf #1 --> drink from zamzam well --> sa'i between mountains --> go and rest at mina valley --> next morning go to plain of arafat --> that night go to muzdalifa --> in the mornin travel back to mina valley

this is where i get confused.

at some places it says once ur back in mina you --> throw stones --> make sacrifice --> cut hair --> go to mecca for another tawaf & ur finished

some places it says once your back in mina you throw stones ---> make sacrfice --> another tawaf --> back to mina ---> another tawaf & THEN ur done

and some places say GOD KNOWS what else

so if anyone knows what happens after travelling to mina from muzdalifa, please let me know :eek:
Whilst the the first point in the syllabus states
• describe ONE significant practice within Islam drawn from:
– Friday prayer at the mosque
– Funeral ceremony
– Hajj
(which you can do)
I honestly dont think that knowing the exact order of rituals is that important as its more important to know "WHY" they are done
ie from the syllabus
• demonstrate how this practice expresses the beliefs of Islam

• analyse the significance of this practice for both the individual and the Muslim community
missing out one potential part isnt going to cost you! (+ I think it is up to the believer as to how they actually go about it-differences in variants?)

BTW I prefer these sites for hajj
http://www.submission.org/teachers/hajj.html
http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2001/hajj/
http://www.hajinformation.com/

HTH

Kulazzi

HSC
Actually, the order you do them in, I believe, is very important when you perform the Hajj which is the reason why you do it in the first place.

The attachment explains it better, it's very long so if you have the time, then read it. If not, skip to page 82 of the document (the page is 82 from Adobe, but 80 from the actual book) which shows the "halt"ing places during Hajj.

I can't seem to attach the pdf doc. for some reason <_<

I'll send it to you via PM and hopefully it will help you with your question.

Last edited:

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Kulazzi said:
Actually, the order you do them in, I believe, is very important when you perform the Hajj which is the reason why you do it in the first place.

The attachment explains it better, it's very long so if you have the time, then read it. If not, skip to page 82 of the document (the page is 82 from Adobe, but 80 from the actual book) which shows the "halt"ing places during Hajj.

I can't seem to attach the pdf doc. for some reason <_<

I'll send it to you via PM and hopefully it will help you with your question.
wasnt meaning to imply that the order isnt important (if you were actually doing the Hajj) but rather an intimate knowledge of the order with regards to the syllabus isnt required as the student.....
ie
• demonstrate how this practice expresses the beliefs of Islam

• analyse the significance of this practice for both the individual and the Muslim community
would also love a copy of that document!

BTW...I too have seen 'minor' differences in the order of the ritual from "official sources" (different order, extra rituals etc) and the only differences between the sources that I could see are that they based on different schools of thought hence my variants "maybe"....just to clarify

Last edited:

Kulazzi

HSC
snapperhead said:
BTW...I too have seen 'minor' differences in the order of the ritual from "official sources" (different order, extra rituals etc) and the only differences between the sources that I could see are that they based on different schools of thought hence my variants "maybe"....just to clarify
Yes, that's true although I am not too aware of the different schoolings on Hajj. The link I just gave, the author is a Shia scholar. I can find out more info for you though.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
and the only differences between the sources that I could see are that they based on different schools of thought
yeah i was also wondering whats with the differences...?
from the implication i got i thought it was just different individual interpretations of the tradition :S

anyway, thanks for the doc Kulazzi! :)

Kulazzi

HSC
-pari- said:
yeah i was also wondering whats with the differences...?
from the implication i got i thought it was just different individual interpretations of the tradition :S
Hmm...yeah maybe, This is the first I've heard of this but I'm trying to get some information. Will definitely update you on that when I do.

anyway, thanks for the doc Kulazzi! :)
No worries! It's very detailed so just skim through it and just write down the halting places etc. It goes into detailed history about each place.

It's very beautiful there though, breathtaking. And very crowded!

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
arrrr...its been bugging me all day and then I stumbled across some terms I had jotted down as "must look them up" (as Im teaching hajj when we go back!)

Anyway, long story short. An inservice that I went to, the presenter mentioned that there were 3 different types of hajj.

Best info that I could find at short notice on the three types
http://hajj.al-islam.com/display.asp?lang=eng&sub=2&fname=feqh/7
and the differences
http://hajj.al-islam.com/default.asp

(yes, Im sad...doing school work on a Friday night!)

Hoep that this helps and is right...dangers of the net and all that!

thanks for the doc Kulazzi..always on the look for resources

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-797266757108756953&q=inside+mecca may be of interest as well....

plus

Last edited:

-pari-

HSC
N/A
3 different types of hajj
gaahhh...i came across this too, but i didn't think we needed to know it!

do we really????

btw the vid's pretty interesting :)

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
-pari- said:
gaahhh...i came across this too, but i didn't think we needed to know it!

do we really????

btw the vid's pretty interesting :)
I think its worthy of a mention to maybe address the second syllabus point but other than that, its not that "important" ie to know all three and the differences between them with regards to the first syllabus point.

Does that make sense?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)