IT Vet Accelerated next year - Job Placement (1 Viewer)

DJ-

HSC
Hello guys, I'm looking and have been recommended to complete the IT Vet course in one year. A quick questions with that though. Do you still do all the work placement or only half of it?

Also one more question; With the work placement what are the chances of getting hired from the company afterwards?

Thanks,
DJ

Gigacube

HSC
I haven't heard of anyone completing the course in one year. In order to complete the course you have to do 70 hours of work placement which means that instead of doing 35 hours one year & another 35 hours the next, you do both in the one year. You could do 2 weeks of work placement or 1 week at the start of the year & 1 week towards the middle or end of the year. Personally, I'd do it as 1 week towards the start of the year & 1 week in the middle of the year so you get a greater understanding of how IT fits in with different companies.

If you go to a small company & can show that you have an interest in IT then they may give you a job afterwards. It just depends on the company you go to work placement for.

DJ-

HSC
Thank you so much :) We'll see how it goes.

Sammydubbs

HSC
For the work placement I recommend getting it over and done with in the the summer hols so that it doesn't interfere with any exams you have during the year.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Lol rofl, I had to do it for 2 years, (only option provided by my school). It was really fun while it lasted, and the HSC stuff is pretty motherhood stuff if you know your computers, maintenance tasks and OHS acts etc.

Sammydubbs

HSC
Yeah it was a pretty easy course aye but I did mine by distance so motivating myself was an absolute pain in the ass lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)