Italian Beginners!! Dove siete?! (1 Viewer)

sm88

HSC
Allora... CIAO TUTTI!
I was just looking through here and noticed there isnt really much of an italian forum happening.
So how many people out there are doing italian beginners this year?
My italian class is really really small (5 people) and i was wondering how everyone else out there is going with it all, what level people are at and what everyone is learning!
i dont know anyone else doing italian from any other shool, so i have no idea what the standards are.
e possiamo parlare in italiano... se volete.. i guess we need (well i do) all the practice we can get, not long now until the trials!
ok i g2g cya!
-Ciao!

sxcnerdgirl

Aussie Aussie Aussie
HSC
Ciao! Anch'io studio l'italiano quest'anno...
My class is also small with only 6 people and last year we all got to go on an excursion to Italy for 2 weeks, twas awesome....
Italian begginners is hard i rekon with all those stupid situations... and i hate listening...
scrivermi!
Emma

sm88

HSC
CIAO! SALVE! ah scuola domani! e non ho fatto niente per scuola nelle vacanze! ed avevo tanto da fare! soprattutto per l'italiano! aiuto! lol

You got to go to italy on an excursion?! your so lucky! i went to italy too for christmas, but i had to organise it myself! lol. it was so much fun! it was the best time of my life i recon, the italian people are so nice. i dont know how much i learnt though lol. where did you go?
it doesnt seem that italian as a subject is very big. its my favourite subject!
yeah i think italian is hard too, i really dont like those situations!! the conversation is good but i the situations look easy but they arent!
so how have you gone so far? ive only had reading and speaking exams... i didnt do great though, im hoping to go better in the listening and writing exams. language is hard because you cant just memorise parts of the text book and regurgitate it in an exam, and its hard to be original... well i think so.

allora devo andare!
ciao!
Shane

Dramatique

HSC
Ciao, Anch'io studio l'italiano per gli esami di maturita. I'm not very confident in the language either is my class of 5 beginners. Just wanted to ask if your teachers are drilling you with italian expressions and if your teachers have placed as much emphasis on the importance of authentic italian expressions? my class thinks our teacher is going overboard. Lei e molto severe! Io non ne posso piu!
Mi Dispiace ma devo scarpare
Melissa

sm8

HSC
Ciao, Ciao, Ciao!

im getting so sick of italian! >_< there is too much of it to learn. haha.
my teacher isnt really drilling us with expressions, mainly vocab that we can use to make our own, but we still get quite a few of them. i think the whole authentic italian thing is important, and would probably be something that will impress the markers. which is alway good. i think if you have a few memorised that would work in heaps of different situations would be great.... you just need to find a few... lol. anyone know any?
We have started the simple future! so exciting lol. i dont like it though. too many "r's" i cant pronounce anything! how is everyonre else at their pronounciation?
allora, devo andare sono stanco morto! solo 2 giorni ed è il weekend! finalmente! che cosa fai questa weekend? ... gente.

Dramatique

HSC
Ciao,
Mi dispiace, "i laggged"...Italian has become unbearable! i'm so confused with everything! we are attacking future tense whilst still trying to master past tense and gerund! What have you learnt...are you coping?? ARRGGGHHH STRESSING!
Io voglio incontarare un ragazzo chi e bello da morire e dimentiche di scuola lol
allora ciao

xoxo

HSC
Ciao, come va?
is yr 12 beginners italian easier than yr 11??
coz im in prelim and i get some of it but others i dont...mayb coz i dont study and listen but whatever.
im not sure if i should drop it or drama....im so confused
all the past tenses and futures and direct object pronouns are the height of confusion
any suggestions?
Ciao

sm8

HSC
ciao!
yeah i recon its easier in yr 12. you've learn all the basics in the prelim so its just adding onto your knowledge in year 12 + some new grammar type stuff. i guess its like most things though u need to keep revising if u want to understand it all. but once uve understood the basics it sticks.
good luck with your decision!

meiamgoodly

HSC
Salve a tutti!
who know and who can explain to proply what the heck a freakin Gerund is!!!! Yeah yr12 italian is easier!! i love it and wish it was the only thing i had to pay attention to!! it helps too if you can find a native speaker to befriend!! they make it soo much easier to take in!!
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

On another note i did my trial exams today!!
  • the listening exam was set in 1995???? If you do Italian through distance ed. Like me... you will benefit from going through sets 47-53 invaluable to your exams!!
  • Speaking.... well im not the best at it!! as soon as i opened the paper i knew what i couldnt do!!! dont you just hate those words you look at and go "Nah... i wont need to remember that!!" .... and if your teacher goes through some practice with you for the conversations part note them and learn them all... i screwed up big time!!
  • Reading.... wat can i say!!! i was pretty confident untill i got to the questions that are worth the marks..... there was a passage in my exam where it was an ad about a card on " l'autostrade " I got the first paragraph but not the second... which is where the answer was!!!
  • Writing..... wholly crap, well ive been so lazy over the last two yrs that my writing skills aint wat they used to be, they aint wat they used to be, aint wat they used to be aint wat they used to be.... opps sorry... yeah they aint that good cause ive slacked off so just write heaps of practise letters!! or dialouges on different situations.... thats also a good idea for speaking!!
Allora, E tutto per ora. Bouna Fortuna per gli esami, Trials ed HSC!!! Arriverderci!!

sxcnerdgirl

Aussie Aussie Aussie
HSC
Ciao a Tutti...
I haven't posted in a while and the litte blue writing at the top of my page is telling me to... and i'm only really interested in italian so yeah, here it is..
Ho l'esame per l'italiano domani! FREAK OUT ... i probably should be studying right now but i am not. Is anyone else frustrated at the lack of listening resources there are on the net or anywhere for italian beginners? or am i just out of the loop. If anyones got the goods on where they are ... DIRMI! i'm desperate, my listening sucks.. i think i just have a problem cause i also did heaps bad in japanese listening only 16/25 rah! allora... i shall go now... ciao ciao xxx

xoxo

HSC
how much is the listening bit worth? coz we had a listening assessment the other day....and i failed miserably...yet all the other parts i get like 90%+....
does the fact that i cant listen matter THAT much?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
The only site I can think of for listening is the csu one http://hsc.csu.edu.au/
Besides that there is only really the radio and news, which are very hard to understand anyway. You could try songs or segments of movies without and then with English subtitles. I think with listening you just have to try and immerse yourself in it as much as possible, because there are a lack of proper practice resources.

mary^^

HSC
N/A
Ciao a tutti!
Ho studiato l'italiano l'anno scorso ma purtroppo l'ho dimenticato tanto...T_T
but anyways just to add to what "iambored" has suggested...
you can also borrow italian tapes from your local library otherwise try a nearby university. You won't be able to borrow them without an Id card but you can still listen to them there.
:)

sm88

HSC
the charles sturt uni HSC online (http://hsc.csu.edu.au/) is the only internet site that has italian stuff that ive found. But Standards packages for italian beginners are GREAT! most schools should have them.
from what xoxo said. listening is one of the highest weighted exams, with reading. then speaking then writing is usually the lowest. not sure about the actually HSC though.
oh and meiamgoodly the gerund! i dont think you need to know it in italian beginners. its usually a continuers or even uni thing my teacher told me. but it is like -ING in english talking about something you are doing RIGHT NOW

sto (from stare) scrivendo - i am writing. (RIGHT NOW!) lol.

ire - endo
ere - endo
are - ando

i wouldnt use it though they dont use it that often in italian, usually they just say "scrivo" - i write, which is probably more authentic. and u can easily make mistakes with it.

yay italian is so fun. i need italian people to befriend though like meiamgoodly said. it would improve ur italian SO much! ma sfortunatamento non ci sono gli italiani qui nella mia citta!
allora devo andare a studiare! ah does everyone else have the speaking exam on the 16/9. 1 week! buona fortuna tutti
ciao

eliseland

HSC
hi everyone

currently in year 12 studing italian beginnners! i had my speaking exam last saturday...total cringe fest!

does anyone know of any good sites for learning about sport, the weather and travel?

it would help alot thanks!

elise

yosemite sam

HSC
I'm doing italian beginners for my hsc 2007, because i want to be a laguage teacher either here or overseas, but im definitely starting to think its not for me...im the only one in my school doing italian so i do it by distance ed and its SO HARD!!! i can remember things, but not as a long term thing, so exam time rolls around and i got nothing! 67% for my prelims, not thaaaat bad, but definite room for improvement considering all my other prelim marks were over 75...im definitely up for some one, especially some one in my year, to email me italiano style...super_ssama@hotmail.com

angelix

HSC
i`m doing italian in open high school and i have the same problem. it doesnt stick into my head and its all so fast. i`m continually struggling and without a proper teacher, i dont think i can pass. should i consider dropping it in yr12?

mattoxxxxx

HSC
N/A
my class has like 15 people....and teachers is barely at school......i havnt learnt anything this year....i have basic knowledge like colours, numbers 0 - 100, and time and some other crap....im gonna fail hsc.....

Freddie09

HSC
Ciao, come va?
is yr 12 beginners italian easier than yr 11??
coz im in prelim and i get some of it but others i dont...mayb coz i dont study and listen but whatever.
im not sure if i should drop it or drama....im so confused
all the past tenses and futures and direct object pronouns are the height of confusion
any suggestions?
Ciao
ciao,
non è molto più difficile, it just keeps getting harder. we are currently tackling future tense while still trying to figure out how to conjugate verbs properly when you are stuck in the middle of an exam. Worst of all i keep getting marked down for speaking or writing in dialect. ahhh and those stupid situations making me want to tear my hair out!! grr
con collera e confusione,
Chiara

XkristinaX

HSC
CIAO!
do u do italian open high school?
im sorry if i've messaged u wrong im new to this and i have nooo clue how to send things haha
but anyways hopefully this works
i do italian open highschool
and did u say the listening exam is the same as like 1995?
cyaa

Salve a tutti!
who know and who can explain to proply what the heck a freakin Gerund is!!!! Yeah yr12 italian is easier!! i love it and wish it was the only thing i had to pay attention to!! it helps too if you can find a native speaker to befriend!! they make it soo much easier to take in!!
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

On another note i did my trial exams today!!
  • the listening exam was set in 1995???? If you do Italian through distance ed. Like me... you will benefit from going through sets 47-53 invaluable to your exams!!
  • Speaking.... well im not the best at it!! as soon as i opened the paper i knew what i couldnt do!!! dont you just hate those words you look at and go "Nah... i wont need to remember that!!" .... and if your teacher goes through some practice with you for the conversations part note them and learn them all... i screwed up big time!!
  • Reading.... wat can i say!!! i was pretty confident untill i got to the questions that are worth the marks..... there was a passage in my exam where it was an ad about a card on " l'autostrade " I got the first paragraph but not the second... which is where the answer was!!!
  • Writing..... wholly crap, well ive been so lazy over the last two yrs that my writing skills aint wat they used to be, they aint wat they used to be, aint wat they used to be aint wat they used to be.... opps sorry... yeah they aint that good cause ive slacked off so just write heaps of practise letters!! or dialouges on different situations.... thats also a good idea for speaking!!
Allora, E tutto per ora. Bouna Fortuna per gli esami, Trials ed HSC!!! Arriverderci!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)