Italian movies (1 Viewer)

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
recommend some!
i've got world movies so i've seen heaps but forgotten all the names.
The movie we do for extension "Jack Frusciante e' uscito dal gruppo" is ok i guess

Hottieflossy

i recommend "Barrio" from director fernando leon de aranoa. its the film we do for spanish extension so i recognise that its not italian. its a good film and has the same issues as Jack Frusciante ( or so im told).

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
of course la bella vita
cinema paradisio is meant to be good i think

s2ophie

HSC
I saw L'ultimo bacio last year which was quite good.

Also i think its this month, an Italian film festival is touring around australia with new movies aswell as most of Fellini's wors cos its an anniversary of his death i think. i have a pamphlet but i'll get back to you guys about it co i will have to find it

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
thanks for that, but damn the hsc... there's always next year

Niente

I LOVE Roberto Benigni. 'La vita e bella' is my all time favourite movie. I love the little boy in it, he's adorable. I also love 'il Postino' and 'Cinema Paradiso'. I absolutely love all things italian. 'l'aragosta e un crostaceo' lol. :)

s2ophie

HSC
ciao niente! i like you name!

In my italian classroom we had a huge poster of il postino but i have never seen the movie.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
a new person! ciao ciao! spero che ritorni per postare! (is that a word?)

s2ophie

HSC
postare? yeah i say its a word. if not, i'll pretend it si for your sake! My friends and i always make up words in italian. Particularly when we are talking about other people in Italian when they are standing right in front of us :p!

Niente

I don't do Italian for my HSC, but I did it in year 9 and 10 and I have been there twice! I am very lucky! Has anyone else been there?

Does anyone know of a place called 'Gubbio'? I went to the 'Festa de Ceri' which was absolutely awesome. It is a little medieval town and I love it! I also love florence, I really liked Venice the first time I went but last time it wasn't as good for some reason. I think there were too many tourists.

What are some of your fave Italian words? I have a few little sayings I like, mostly from movies and ones I have learnt from our Italian friend.

LOL once I accidently told a girl that I don't have mad cow disease. She was talking about mad cow disease and I was trying to say that we don't have it in Australia but it came out 'Non ho la mucca pazza' and it took me a little while to realise what I said meanwhile everyone was laughing:D .

You should really see il postino, it's really good in my opinion. It's really cute :).

arls

thats pretty funny niente!! Ive said some pretty funny mistakes while i was overseas (even though i learn italian) but they dont beat that!

I loved florence too, especially fiesole the lil town that overlooks florence. I stayed in a lil town called Vicchio, about 1 hour from Florence (without the horendous traffic) in the Mugello region. Che belle memorie!! and i adored Venice, it was just gorgeous. and Roma era belllissima! i love all of italy, and can't wait to return.

il mio fraso preferito sarebbe .... "sogni doro" - literal translation golden dreams, but means sweet dreams. I say it to someone everynight! its just soooo cute!

s2ophie

HSC
In year 10 we used the 'Forza' books - did anyone use them? Anyway one of the places that they had a story about was Gubbio!

I loved siena, probably because we stayed htere the longest but also because the nannini gelati there was so bloody fantastic!

The most stupid thing i actually said to an italian was when we were over there we met some students and i was talking to them about learning english. They said they didn't like it much and i said 'E' molto stupida' as in english is a stupid language they took it that i was saying the guy i was talking to was very stupid! It took me a while to work out why they were giving me looks!

Niente

haha, yeah I can relate to that! Sometimes I found it really difficult to figure out whether people were yelling at eachother or having a friendly chat. Did you find that? It's just that the Italians are so animated! But I love that about them, I think Italians are awesome!

My Italian is really rusty because I don't use it much and I've forgotten most of it. So I ran into those sort of situations fairly often. lol.

I absolutely loved the Ufizzi gallery in Florence. Did anyone go there? It was heavenly for me.

My favourite sayings:
Vai via cane'
l'aragosta e' un crostaceo
struzzi i cameli
buongiorno principessa! (don't you think that is so cute?!)
che schifo

That's all I can think of right now :p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by arls
"sogni doro"
that;s gorgeous, i love it
Originally posted by Niente
haha, yeah I can relate to that! Sometimes I found it really difficult to figure out whether people were yelling at eachother or having a friendly chat.

I absolutely loved the Ufizzi gallery in Florence. Did anyone go there?

buongiorno principessa! (don't you think that is so cute?!)
che schifo
haha the yelling part, yeah
what was in the gallery in florence?
i also love thos last 2, the first because of la vita e' bella, i love the sound of it
Originally posted by s2ophie
My friends and i always make up words in italian. Particularly when we are talking about other people in Italian when they are standing right in front of us :p!
haha, it's like you have your own secret language

i have never thought of favourite sayings, if i come acorss any i will try and remember them now, but che schifo is up there

s2ophie

HSC
I'm going through a 'Non ho ancora deciso' stage - i say it all the time - not very intereseting but its pissing my friend off something shocking!

The only gallery i went to in florence la galleria dell'accademia where the David is. Now that is impressive! WHo else has seen it?

Last edited:

arls

Vai via cane'
l'aragosta e' un crostaceo
struzzi i cameli
niente what do these mean?? I can't figure it out and coulnt b bothered looking them up!

I went to uffizzi also, it was stupendous! I loved it... and Sophie i think i went to galleria dell'accademia, cause i certainly saw david.. wait maybe that was the statue of david in piazzo michaelangelo.. the one overlooking all of florence.. now im confused!

I also love the passion of Italians.. i found myself in Italy becoming an extremly extroverted person, with Sooo much confidence, because thats how Italians generlly seem to be. It was great, and they treat Aussies tourists sooo well.. especially if you've got blonde hair and you go to florence!!!!

we used to use italian as a secret language too, at parties or at school talking about other people.... and we too made up stuff that didn't exist by adding "i" or "o" or a vowel to an aussie word. Sooo useful when you wanna chat about someone and theyre right there!!

s2ophie

HSC
Originally posted by arls
we used to use italian as a secret language too, at parties or at school talking about other people.... and we too made up stuff that didn't exist by adding "i" or "o" or a vowel to an aussie word. Sooo useful when you wanna chat about someone and theyre right there!!
hehe
best thing to do is say a long sentence that has nothing to dow ith anything and insert someone's name in the middle. guaranteed to piss them off in no time! :D

"Il mio tempo 'Liz' libero mi piace andare alla piscina!

s2ophie

HSC
oh actually on the topic of movies - has anyone seen 'respiro'? Its coming to my local cinema in november so i figure its either in Sydney at the moment or has been already.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
The only gallery i went to in florence la galleria dell'accademia where the David is. Now that is impressive! WHo else has seen it?
yeah, i loved it
"Il mio tempo 'Liz' libero mi piace andare alla piscina!
haha!

and no i have not seen the movie, haven't even heard of it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)