It's Done, It's In, It's Over! (1 Viewer)

hazaar

Greenie
HSC
hello just wondering howeveryone went in the end.
Did you get it in?

I'm sure everyone got it in, i was up until 4 trying to get it onto dvd.

But it's all done now. WOOOHOO!

HSC
N/A
yay congrats!

*hands hazaar a drink and a piece of cake with sprinkles on it*

BradCube

HSC
Well done. I was up pretty late but I managed to get it all completed and in on time.

I'm just backuping up the files I need now before I reformat my PC :)

hazaar

Greenie
HSC
pity it's only one major work down, still two to hand in!
Hahaha....you've gotta laugh.

Just wondering if people had any technical difficulties exporting to DVD.

I shot on Sony HDV and edited on Final Cut Pro HD 5.1 which was fantastic...i was extremely lucky.
But late yesterday afternoon it was looking like i would have nothing to hand in...to get it printed I was going to have to go to a professional place in north syndey at 6 in the morning (on the due date- TODAY!!)
But i guess it's just the nature of computers, there will always be problems when making home movies.

How'd did you fing the whole experience. Far from being the cop out option of E2 it was a huge challenge. One must write the script, source the actors, setting, props, film the film, edit the material and finally export it to DVD. What an experience eh!

bathtubsoap

HSC
I can't beleive it's over!

I think by far extension 2 was the biggest challenge for me in terms of major works this year. Did anyone else feel strange when you realised you lost a complete subject? I had no idea what was going on. Makes you realise it's all ending and kind of brings on that terrible feeling of nostalgia.

I managed to get mine burned onto DVD the day before, and it was actually quite quick. I heard rendering takes hours, but it only took about 20 min for mine to go and then another ten to get it onto dvd. The cover wasn't wonderfully presented though, it was just a blank dvd with a written title. I hope they see more value in the actual video than how it is presented.

Anyone else find it a little weird to watch your own work on a television screen? It took a while to register that this was something that i made, which was awesome.

Great work guys, this was a tough option, and anyone who finished it should be proud. :D

ambidextrouscal

Learning to be Witty
HSC
Woot for one major work down ... now for drama (tomorrow ... eek)

It was a pretty anticlimactic 'night before' for me ... i had had my finished copy burnt a few days earlier and all that had to be done was fix up a few things here and there on my reflection statement ... all in all i was ready to hand all my stuff in the day before ... i was kinda looking forward to the last minute mad rush when the computer decides it doesnt want to burn and then you discover your audio is out by half a frame .... but alas it was not to be ... shame really ....

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
That was what my Year 10 Major Work was like... I was so cut that my audio was just out.. But then again, it was really shit quality. I EDITED IT IN WINDOWS BLOODY MOVIE MAKER.

Either way, I was the only person to hand in a video on a DVD (on time, at least). I got a 94 possibly because I think i 'wowed' the teachers with technology. Country schools ftw.

J

jhakka

bringbackshred said:
That was what my Year 10 Major Work was like... I was so cut that my audio was just out.. But then again, it was really shit quality. I EDITED IT IN WINDOWS BLOODY MOVIE MAKER.

Either way, I was the only person to hand in a video on a DVD (on time, at least). I got a 94 possibly because I think i 'wowed' the teachers with technology. Country schools ftw.
Ugh. Windows Movie Maker is nasty stuff for anything audio-related. :(

Country school, eh? What's your traffic report like? "A car went by about half an hour ago"? (Sorry, I just saw Boytown.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)