ITT: People who actually liked english (1 Viewer)

katoji

HSC
I liked English too. I could cram and still get good marks, that's how much I enjoy it lol.

Galladrim

HSC
My English teachers helped me to appreciate the subject rather than just learn it, because they actually cared themselves. Their passion just rubbed off on me, and they were always going out of their way to help, no matter how busy they were. Fanatically devoted and awesome people :love:

Proteus

HSC
I loved English apart from Essay writing.

Ironic, right? haha

I liked it because it is taught like a Social Science (at least at my school),the texts we did always explored and questioned humanity, society and our human values. It was veryyyyyy interesting.

My favourite book of all times is "The Lord of the Flies" (studied it in Year 10), explores the darkest of humanity, barbaric acts, what happens when there's no "law" or anything to govern... etc.

The imagery, plot and etc techniques really made it a compelling book for me.

Did Othello and the movie "O" in Year 11, not bad... jealousy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I liked speeches and alike presentations as they were certainly much more interactive. They also allowed me to "shine" as I like giving presentations and have an audience admire/ enjoy what I have just presented.

Overall, imo is a better way than examining via askingn a question and then regurgitating essays / spewing quotes, analysing the techniques used and the effect.

Apart from essay writing, I really liked English

PS: I was never reallly spectacular at Essays, not the best, not the worst. Sorta average, with some spikes in performance (positive and negative ones :L )hahaha

Last edited:

scarletter

HSC
I liked English. English and ext. 1 were actually my favourite subjects (we had the same teacher for both). He's really scary when he's angry, but it's because he's so scary that we always do our homework :p He was great fun too, making heaps of jokes with us and often coming out on the short end. My English class was awesome and I reckon it's the best-performing subject at our school.

Sure didn't hurt that our English classroom was plastered with comic posters. DC and Marvel (and Beatles!) all around. Our teacher was a fan :L
could you be speaking about the notorious Down? :p

HSC
Uni Grad
I liked some of the texts such as speeches, I found the rest of the texts I did to be okay. What I didn't like however, was the crappy marking and the assessment tasks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)