January Options Day... (1 Viewer)

mishka

HSC
N/A
did anyone receive a postcard (yes, santaslayer, ANOTHER propaganda thing from UOW) about January Options Day??

is anyone going to go?? i know you can talk to the staff and stuff, but what is it actually for? is it like course info and stuff?? :rolleyes:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah there was one last year, its like in the interim between getting your uai and the last day to make changes to your prefs. Like if you get your uai and realise you're not going to get into your course, you can go and talk to the staff bout other options and stuff.

nomz

i got a card! yay! i felt so loved!!! not really... but anyways...i guess i'll go. it'll be a good opportunity to ask random questions about stuff.

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
I dont think i'll go.... I know which courses and in which direction I want to go... but I might talk to my brother about it though, he's a UoW student... so he'll know whats best.... hopefully.

santaslayer

HSC
Like Ms 12 said, you'll only benefit from the day if you know (or big chance) you'll miss out on the particular course you want.
Go if you want freebies though. :p

Ninga

HSC
I've got one of those too. And a few different rulers. If you work for uniadvice ever you get plenty of free shit. And a free UoW polo shirt too. If you do enough work for them they give u jackets and hats, etc. Oh wait, ive got a hat too. And a yellow UoW shirt.

= Jennifer =

HSC
i did not get a card and they always send me promotional stuff probably they didnt waste their time on people who didnt put any of their prefs there

Scanorama

HSC
I got one too, since i got a guaranteed offer from Wollongong, I probably wont go, unless for the sake of the freebies (1 hour drive is not really worth it though)

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
I'll be there. I have two exams on that day. So well, once I get there, I'll be going to class. I'm not getting there early since hsc kiddies will be taking over the computers and I won't be able to ssh home and IRC. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)