Japanese Continuers - how'd everyone go? (1 Viewer)

Cityboy

HSC
isnt there a word limit on the writing tasks?
Its a suggested ji count, if you write less than it youre in trouble, but theres no problem if you go over.

screem41

HSC
Ichigo Kurosaki said:
But its the same for english, do they mark you down if you write two booklets for the one question?
No, because English doesn't specify a range.

Anyway, I'm just saying what happened to me in my trial - and I went quite a bit over (probably 550-ish ji for the 200-300 ones)...but that's what she said.

benmaden50

i mispelt my name........
HSC
N/A
if you did write over the limit in the test, and end up getting a crappy mark for japanese but you think you did go well...i think you could appeal your mark easily, as it says nowhere in the syllabus or rubric that a) if you go over you will be penalised, b) that they assess you on fulfilling the ji limit and c) they also give you plenty of writing sheets, which can cause confusion...my 2 cents

shortie_89

HSC
N/A
2 true. but either way i say we all stop stressing about it at least till our results come out.
anyways.. are any of u gona do japanese at uni or keep studying it some other way? sometimes i think it will be a shame to just stop studying the language ive been doing for ages

screem41

HSC
Yeah I'd like to keep going next year - apparently there's a big emphasis on kanji at uni :S

Snow Pea!

Touch it Bring it Pay it
HSC
it was alllll funky until the second part of the first section.. reading the letter and replying.. i had no idea what the kanji was (hataraku.. i later found out) and yeh.. so i wrote 300ji about the HSC.. i feel for the marker!
neways.. no more jap until uni!
yay1 :p

junica

i felt like crap after the exam i cried +__+ <-- thats the first time ever...
i found everything easy except for the writing tasks... i couldnt think of anything :'( i felt like killing myself rite after =__=

Ichigo Kurosaki

HSC
Snow Pea! said:
it was alllll funky until the second part of the first section.. reading the letter and replying.. i had no idea what the kanji was (hataraku.. i later found out) and yeh.. so i wrote 300ji about the HSC.. i feel for the marker!
neways.. no more jap until uni!
yay1 :p
Haha.. I had no idea what the kanji was either. I had studied all my kanji (well I thought I had) and I must of missed that one. But aw well, I got the general idea of what he was on about, and made a half assed reply.

I was hoping this question would of been like last years.

HSC
N/A
i found the test easier than i expected it to be... the reading section didn't have too many kanji at all, and the listening didn't have a lot of irrelevant material to sift through. i think it may have been easier than past listening sections in reaction to the bad responses the previous exams got.

i thought the writing questions were really bland though, but all in all, not bad

sugar-high

HSC
willyd said:
Ha yeah i chose the favourite place in the world................. guess where?
THE SUTHERLAND SHIRE...........where else could it be? lol
yeah i even started to call it za shaiya now i just hope i get a marker from the shire and not one of these damn shire haters
hahaha funny :p

wsimpson

HSC
I found it easier than the Trial - especially in the listening. Disappointed though, they changed the listening task voice people! Its odd the things you get attached to...

I'm so stupid though, I though okyaku was the family name, then I walked out of the exam and hit myself on the head because okyaku is foreigner, traveller, guest etc... And I knew that! Bloody exam stress made me forget it, there goes a mark...that I know of!

I'm freaking out about Ext Jap....

Jess241186

HSC
i really didnt like the writing ones, i think i did ok in the other parts, but the writing tasks stumped me, ok not stumped but i didnt write that much and what i did was pretty crap...

becky_boo_9

HSC
Japanese at uni...

screem41 said:
Yeah I'd like to keep going next year - apparently there's a big emphasis on kanji at uni :S
Yeah im planning on going to Uni in newcastle to do japanese, how about you guys? Where are you planning on going.

Is that true about the emphasis on Kanji? Oh no.....Thats my weak point lol.

Daaamn!

shortie_89

HSC
N/A
i'm going to ANU and wanted to combine science or medical science and asian studies to do japanese but that would require not being able to do the electives of both degrees... and i didnt want to sacrifice the science electives cos they are important for me to getting into the post-grad science stuff... so that idea kinda went out the window. maybe i will try and keep doing jap at a community college or somethin.. cos i do enjoy it.. :) it would be cool to be able to work over in japan one day.. maybe just for a year or so

Jess241186

HSC
i really dont plan on taking my japanese any further, as most of it isnt conversational Japanese... i was in japan for 6 months and the stuff i learnt really didnt help me in the time i was there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)