Jessica - Bryce Courtney (1 Viewer)

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
i thought since its comnig out on tv.. mite as well read the book!! ne1 read it?

astro

HSC
Yep...i've read it before, in fact i just went out to buy it today - $12.97....

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
It is a great book, I really loved it

The quote from my sig atm is from it

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
i havent read it though, but im planning to catch up my reading after the HSC with the bryce courtenay books :) e.g power of one and tandia.
i wouldnt mind adding jessica to my collection.

astro

HSC
Tandia was pretty good...i've only read the shortened version of the power of one

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
is power of one the one about his some habvnig that blood disease? coz if it is ive read it :D

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
For some reason, I always lose interest about half way, and have to force myself to read the rest. This is what happened with this book. Possibly because the book is long, and I'm lazy.

rumour

HSC
Agnes2810 said:
is power of one the one about his some habvnig that blood disease? coz if it is ive read it :D
I think that is: April Fool's Day.

I really don't like it how Bryce Courtenay has to kill the protagonist in all his books!!!
Last week I was so pissed when a got up to page 899 of Tandia, & found out that he was going to die!!! I really thought they were going to make it, then come back & restore that house. :(

rumour

HSC
lengstar said:
why the hell did you do that?!!!
Cause I wanted to see if she died at the end, like the protagonists in his others books.
But I always read the last page of a book that I'm reading just to see what happens at the end!!

I did that in Tandia also, cause I was half-way throught so I just flipped through & read some random pages, before reading from where I was up to again.

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Agnes2810 said:
You're thinking of April Fool's Day, which is about his son Damien's struggle with AIDS. Only book of his I've read.

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
its Bryce CourtENAY!!!!

spelling peoples....i really do have a complex about it.

But he would have to be one of my favourite authors (not only because my name matches his surname)

First book i tried to read of his was the power of one, when i was about 12, but couldnt get into it so i read the young adults version, and then the proper one and have had no problems since with any of his books.

Jessica is definately good...very sad but woth the read.

And all the tommo and hawk ones...i like those

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
rumour said:
I haven't read the book yet!!!!!
But I read the last page so I know that she dies!!!!!

muahahhaa i tend to read half way then turn to the back and read what happens LOL ;)

nerd2die7

HSC
Courtenay said:
its Bryce CourtENAY!!!!

spelling peoples....i really do have a complex about it.
Funny you should say that, peopleS.

HSC
I actually live in Narrandera, the town where Jessica was set. However, sadly the novel is quite different from the truth and she actually did have quite a dramatic life. Regardless though, she was still a heroine and did it tough. It was way weird to watch the miniseries and hear them say, "we're just going into narrandera" when i do that all the time. Lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)