job prospects for aeronautical engineering... (1 Viewer)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
does anyone know if there are good job available in australia for aeronautical engineering graduates?? coz, i'm thinking of applying next year for it: so i'm doing a bit of research. :)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by jm1234567890
ppl at usyd said, crap in australia, good in america
but the job guide above, says that prospects are good in australia...but then again, i'm prepared to go overseas- if its the last resort.

btw, which person at USYD said that?

Ferrero

i also wanna know more about aeronautical engineering in usyd. i have to make the decision in a few days.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
If your really consider that as your path and want to be at the cutting edge of technology, you wont just have to just mind going overseas you would probably have to live there most of the time:/

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Cyan_phoeniX
If your really consider that as your path and want to be at the cutting edge of technology, you wont just have to just mind going overseas you would probably have to live there most of the time:/
well not exactly- the above website shows that job prospects in australia are good for aeronautical engineering.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Ferrero
i also wanna know more about aeronautical engineering in usyd. i have to make the decision in a few days.
why do u have to make a decision in a few days? :S

ru by any chance in second year? :p

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Ok. clearly i had no idea then.

actually i just posted a reply to make my post count bigger.
When the hell do i get the option to customise my friggin subtopic name..grrr

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Cyan_phoeniX
Ok. clearly i had no idea then.

actually i just posted a reply to make my post count bigger.
When the hell do i get the option to customise my friggin subtopic name..grrr
LoL, u spammer- yeah, to get the ability to change ya "subtopic name", u need in excess of 3000 posts! :p

Adam

HSC
Job prospects are crap, you can try and convince yourself otherwise, but there are very little jobs avaliable in Australia. To be a shoe-in, you really need to go overseas, thats where its at with aeronautical.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Hmm. I write here alot, but i didn't think i'd have to write that much. Oh well, if i keep going at this rate i should have it in about 15 years :/ ... Um, back to the topic...

Ferrero

Originally posted by freaking_out
why do u have to make a decision in a few days? :S

ru by any chance in second year? :p
nuh, i am in my first year in march. i just came back from an overseas trip and i got to fill up my enrolment stuff in the next few days. one of my friend going to biomedical eng/commerce told that's only one subject different between biomedical and aeronautical in the first year, i guess i can change eng course internally really easily after first year study, right??
did you get in the advanced program?

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Ferrero
nuh, i am in my first year in march. i just came back from an overseas trip and i got to fill up my enrolment stuff in the next few days. one of my friend going to biomedical eng/commerce told that's only one subject different between biomedical and aeronautical in the first year, i guess i can change eng course internally really easily after first year study, right??
did you get in the advanced program?
yeah, u can transfer to most of the other stream within the first year- fone up the uni. and make sure that your subjects allow u to do this....but anyways, what course did u get into thru uac?

and no i'm not in the advanced engineering program. :eek:

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Adam
Job prospects are crap, you can try and convince yourself otherwise, but there are very little jobs avaliable in Australia. To be a shoe-in, you really need to go overseas, thats where its at with aeronautical.
yeah, i'm prepared to accept that prospects are crap...but can u tell me where u heard this from?

Ferrero

....but anyways, what course did u get into thru uac?
. :eek:
i was accepted by commerce/engineering, it does not specify the engineering degree. that's why the engineering decision is still hanging in the air.
are you in your second year??

Majesty

HSC
N/A
yeah, i'm prepared to accept that prospects are crap...but can u tell me where u heard this from?
It's quite easy to see that if you do one of the other popular fields such as Commerce you can open up your newspaper and be guaranteed to find jobs. Generally Australia blows for science/engineering and now IT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)