Jobs for weekend.. (1 Viewer)

Benovista

Old Schooler
HSC
Im doing tafe 4 days aweek now, normally 9-5 and I normally start my night fill job at 6pm. That doesnt leave me time to relax or do my tafe assignments. I want to get another job that pays good and lets me work on weekends only. Where should I look?

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
security is excellent if you don't want a social life on the weekend and you like the idea of getting to bed late on Friday night, getting up and going to work again in a few hours on Saturday, then getting home late again..

I'm just bitter.

capsicum

HSC
try retail stores like clothing stores. im sure if u look and ask, they'll let u work weekends only. how old are u btw? cuz the younger u are, the more likely u'll be hired for weekend shifts cuz time and a half rates are much cheaper for younger employees! hehe um, try coffee stores or cafes? how about food outlets (they're boring though). or maybe even something ur interested in. what are u studying at tafe? try to go for a job related to what ur studying so it'll help someway or the other.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Benovista said:
lol
If the money is good, id do it!
it's good, depending on where you go... I get $18.50/hour

Just don't go to Chubb! Their guys are on like $13/hour due to enterprise bargaining bullshit, you don't sign, you don't get a job basically.

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
Cyph said:
it's good, depending on where you go... I get $18.50/hour

Just don't go to Chubb! Their guys are on like $13/hour due to enterprise bargaining bullshit, you don't sign, you don't get a job basically.
Which company is this ? is this the lowest figure without the penalty rates kicking in ?

Wilson/National personnel is pretty good pay on the weekend.

Satuarday being $20.20 p/h
Sunday being $26 p/h

Chubb $13/hour fuck thats like working at Macca's

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Get a job at cafes or something...i mean, they always need staff on weekends and they pay higher too

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Mr Wiggle said:
Which company is this ? is this the lowest figure without the penalty rates kicking in ?

Wilson/National personnel is pretty good pay on the weekend.

Satuarday being $20.20 p/h
Sunday being $26 p/h

Chubb $13/hour fuck thats like working at Macca's
It's Newcastle-based, at NES - www.nes.net.au ... flat rate, no matter what which kind of sucks. Seems to be one of the better ones around here.

You're on some good money! I assume you work security?

Benovista

Old Schooler
HSC
Im doing webdesign at tafe and im 18.
I dont partcularly want a job in security, I dont look very law enforcing and would probably cry if someone wanted a biff lol.

Ill probably ask a few shops, i have experience in retail, dealing with customers etc. Not so much cash handling but I want to get experience in that.

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
Cyph said:
It's Newcastle-based, at NES - www.nes.net.au ... flat rate, no matter what which kind of sucks. Seems to be one of the better ones around here.

You're on some good money! I assume you work security?
Yeah i work security part time to earn a bit of money

Looks decent the company but the contracts they have is small compared to the larger ones such as SNP etc...

Your rates seem pretty good cause i know one place where they pay $17 p/h but they make you work 58 hrs a week and you have to drive a manual car which i think was a bit excessive hrs and the tiredness of driving that long week in and out.

Do you get work often ? how many hrs do you get a week ?
i assumed you work at Energy Stadium

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
SNP or SMP? If you mean SMP, it's a completely different line of work.. more patrolling, whichn would bore the shit out of me. Crowd controlling can be boring depending on where you work, but it's sweet as when you get a good night club with not much trouble, or even a club where you have to work your ass off - time flies and I love confiscating the fake ID of 16 year olds and kicking them out. :D

I have worked at Energy Australia stadium, not for a while though... I tend to get a shift every Friday and Saturday, I've not had a shift on a Sunday since I fucked up converting 24-hour time to 12-hour time format and was 2 hours late to a job.

how much work you getting? I'd assume Fri/Sat nights if you're doing crowd controlling. I went to another company, but can only offer me work on Fri and Sat night before they'll put me on in the week and they basically told me to piss off until I've left the other company 'cause they're not gonna give me any other work apart from Fri/Sat until I work for them, even then I'll have to work my way up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)