just for the sake of it... (1 Viewer)

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
total spam... i doubt anyone will reply! just writing something cos no one has posted in here for yonks.

how is everyone enjoying anu and canberra itself? i like canberra's late night shopping on friday.. :D

do any of you people still come to these boards?? now i have internet connection in my room i kind of go crazy and visit any website i can think of...

2003HSC

I'm really enjoying it, dont regret coming here at all.
Living on campus is okay but I want to move out with my girlfriend next year.
I'm struggling a bit with my degree but I'll get there eventually : )
Most people Ive met on campus and in the hall are pretty cool, and I met christina who was rad enough to swap a statistics assignment with me.

ANU is an awesome uni, lots of resources, beautiful campus. Canberra is a really cool city as well. Seen some really great bands, some not so great.

I've met people from pretty much everywhere in the world.
I've met young liberals, labour right and left, marxists and anarchists. Lots of cool politics and debates. oh yeah, make sure you stick around a bit in union court next wednesday for the national day of action to protest against HECS increases.

um, thats about all the praise I have for canberra. I've found that uni is a lot better than highschool. So how is everyone else doing? I didnt actually get to meet any of guys except christina, which is weird because I recall there being about 4 other people on here that do the same degree as me. I wonder if anyone actually still comes here and makes a reply to all that writing.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
ok, im not even in canberra and im not even a uni student...yet :D but i wanna go to ANU one day and study law there...one day :(

sounds like a good life there

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Sarah168
ok, im not even in canberra and im not even a uni student...yet :D but i wanna go to ANU one day and study law there...one day :(

sounds like a good life there
Shut up! That's my ambition! You can't just steal my ambitions and claim them as your own! I mean, I bet you don't know you can pay $40 for a night's worth of Subway and Beer at a place called Fantacy Island in Canberra. YEAH! That's right ;)

cheesegrater

Overlord of the universe
Originally posted by Ziff
I bet you don't know you can pay $40 for a night's worth of Subway and Beer at a place called Fantacy Island in Canberra. YEAH! That's right ;)
well its only once a year and in the day not the night, but its still cool, even though its a peninsula not an island now (last year ppl got to drunk and tried to swim home). the best bit is if your in a college u can put it on your account which ur parents pay and it comes as up as "RA events" :D.
yeah its a good life because its a small uni, everyone is really friendly, and by far has the best grounds and libraries. syd uni may have the biggest library, but it dosent have 7! with the national library not to far away.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Fantastic!

If I get a UAI over 95.00 and get into arts/law down there then I'm going! BAM!

alphatango

Resident Geek
HSC
N/A
Fantastic!

If I get a UAI over 95.00 and get into arts/law down there then I'm going! BAM!
w00t! More ex-Wollongong ppl for me to annoy! :p

Seems fine so far...although last week was horrible: 5 assignments, two (major) lab reports, two tutorial sets (non-assessable, fortunately). And I'm only doing 5 subjects...things just don't add up here *sigh*. Why won't they leave the poor little first-year ppl aloooooooone? :eek: :(

Ziff

HSC
N/A
So it's like the period before the HSC where you're cramming as much information into your head as possible in the lamentable attempt to win the HSC but you know it's not possible... yet somehow you manage to "barely pass" *ahem*...

Ribbon

Exams are better than the HSC cos they are mostly open book :)

and as for swapping assessments... it works out a hell of a lot better for me cos you always finish yours a few weeks before I start mine :D (To be fair though, I generally don't look at yours until I finish mine)

2003HSC do you know Betty and Janet? They are the other law students...

I think I have met every single person on here that actually goes to the uni (none of the prospectives!)

Randomly: Uni is good but I can't wait for the holidays... has anyone heard that sum 41 songs called 'motivation'? thats the storey of my life...

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Shut up! That's my ambition! You can't just steal my ambitions and claim them as your own! I mean, I bet you don't know you can pay $40 for a night's worth of Subway and Beer at a place called Fantacy Island in Canberra. YEAH! That's right ;)
my God, just cos i don't share my ambitions with you. sif ur the only law student there or something. if u think ur ambitions are so high and mighty, think again. there are more law students out there, u moron.

oh and if my ambitions happen to overlap with urs then too bad, cos i aint changin em for ya

Ziff

HSC
N/A
That was a little mean and not very playful. Edit your post so you don't seem like an arse!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
oh yes, lemme change my post to make myself sound playful ...pffft

alphatango

Resident Geek
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ribbon
I think I have met every single person on here that actually goes to the uni (none of the prospectives!)
Have you met me? :cool:

Ribbon

ok probably not you, but seeings as though you only hsve 11 posts, and I didn't know you were going to anu until you posted here and I read your sig... I don't think it counts :p

what course are you doing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)