Just got L's ..now I need to find a driving instructor !!! :) (1 Viewer)

sam_account

HSC
hi guys, i just got my L's on friday..so, for past couple of days, i've been browsing the net looking for driviing instructors..like i looked at l trent, abc driving or sumthing and they all charge over $60/hr.. so , i'm writing to ask if anyone can tell me of a driving instructor that charges a reasonable price (like $35-$45 per hr) and provides a good service..?? thanks guys...

desmond.thai

HSC
If you live near Winston Hills, there is a driving instructor. However since last week he has gotten a full time job at the RTA, so he may be taking lessons once every saturday fortnight.

One lesson is an hour for $50.

This guy is cool, easy to talk to, and teaches you everything you need to know to survive the roads.

Hope this helps

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i did a couple of lessons with some guy named EDWIN. he was cool, $38/hour. but the thing is... he hit me!!! i was so freaked out. he slapped me on the leg..twice during each lesson. i only had two because well, i idnt need them really, i just wanted to see what i was like driving with someone other than mum or dad, and because he scared me so much.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
I went with L Defence. Got my Ps first time round. Call em on 9858 1161. I had the instructor named Angus. He was a top bloke.... It was about $50 an hour. Before your lesson they do a Pre Test with you, take you around the course near your local RTA and so I got the nerves and stuff out of the way during that Pre Test and so for the real RTA Test I was set :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I live in the Hills and there's this guy who I had called Kim. Passed first time at Castle Hill RTA, and he charged $40/hr with his Corolla (auto). Pretty decent guy (warning: he's Asian though) and if you're interested, PM me and I'll send you his number.

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
I had a driving instructor whose name was Dennis (he’s located within the hills district, bty) and he charged $45 an hour. He used to be an examiner at the rta, so he’s pretty experienced in working with l-platers. Each lesson he would record how you had drove and then give you constructive feedback on how to drive better next time. I would recommend him if you're interested :)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
DaddyK said:
quick tip: your parents are free.
Haha, my parents wanted me to learn from a professional driving instructor. But they still give me bits of advice when I'm driving on the road with either of them accompanying me (still on L's).

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Anyone heard of the yellow pages?

Find driving instructors, call them, ask for a price, choose the cheapest and subconscously discriminate on accents.

Its easy as.

Skeeta

HSC
i had a driving instructor

Weirdest.. person.. ever

He told me to treat the gearstick like i would my boyfriend
"the car isnt going to do what you want if you grab its stick"

and like he used to sing
"bad boy bad boy what you gonna do" etc

EVERY SINGLE TIME he saw someone doing the wrong thing on the road

needless to say it took me four goes to get my P's

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBAHAHAHAHAHAH omg Skeeta you are so funny.

PatG

HSC
I had a few lessons with L Trent when I first got my Ls then I stopped cos I didn't need them. When I got close to my 50 hours, my dad got me this crazy psycho Greek lady to help me with my parallel parking and to check whether I'm doing ok. She kept calling me "buddy" all the time and would press down the brake (it was a dual control car) or grab the steering wheel without warning. At one point she would be all nice and say, "You're doing well" then the next minute she'd be grabbing the steering wheel and yelling at me. She charged me $30 an hour but I only had 1 lesson with her. I then went back to the tried and trusted L Trent, had one lesson then passed my Ps test first go.

L Trent may be a tad expensive but they're worth it as they really know what they're doing and at least there's someone to complain to if you don't approve of the way they treat you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)