Just started the topic (1 Viewer)

lib007

HSC
hey poeple, myself and a couple other people just started the genetics elective and so far found it pretty interesting but very confusing. Just wondering if anyone has any useful sites or any useful study tips that they would be willing to pass on to other budding biologists.
Anyway, have fun people, hopefully i'll hear something. Have a good one, cheers, Elizabeth xoxoxo

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Do you have the option textbook? it's only a thin book and it answers each dot points on the syllabus. It's called: "Biology Options" by McLaughlin and Hitchings"

It's easy to read and make complicated concepts clear.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
spectrum of life is a kick ass text book for this option...

lib007

HSC
i can't say we have either of those texts books. at the moment we're using jacaranda, the excel biology books and the CSU HSC online site, and this site. I'll definately have a look 4 those books though. Cheers guys!!!!

Dr_Doom

HSC
Survivor39 said:
Do you have the option textbook? it's only a thin book and it answers each dot points on the syllabus. It's called: "Biology Options" by McLaughlin and Hitchings"

It's easy to read and make complicated concepts clear.
Yer we got that book. Very clear and precise. :D

Sora1589

HSC
Hiya, I did well in my Genetics (Core) and was wondering if this is much harder, my teacher wants to do Communication, but about 60% of Bio Students already do that >_< so yeah, I was just wondering...

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Sora1589 said:
Hiya, I did well in my Genetics (Core) and was wondering if this is much harder, my teacher wants to do Communication, but about 60% of Bio Students already do that >_< so yeah, I was just wondering...
Have a look at what you think looks best in the textbook. Personally, I didn't want to do the communication topic, however, by vote we ended up doing it. It was an average topic without any exciting practicals BUT for the HSC it ended up being great. The content wasn't as confusing as biotechnology would be and it was generally easy to remember and apply.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)