Just wondering if anyone else thinks this is really low... (1 Viewer)

hannahxxx

HSC
K well I went for a Maccas interview this arvo. Anyway, I got there right on time (dressed for the interview-nice collared shirt and trousers) and anyway the manager said "come back in an hour, we're busy at the moment". So I thought ok, that's a bit rude but hey I'll come back. Anyway, I got there and the guy flicked quickly through my online application he'd printed off and asked me a couple of really short interview-style questions. Then, at the end of that five minutes he goes "oh sorry, but we're not hiring at the moment. It'll be another 6 months before we'll be doing that again". To make matters worse, I'd written up a cover letter, photocopied all my certificates and hsc results and put them in a folder for him to have a look at. He didn't even TOUCH the folder.
For someone who's been searching for a job for the past month and desperately needs money for uni textbooks and food, I've been thinking "yeah-I'll definately get the McDonalds job and it'll all be fixed up".
I don't know WHY a business would do that to a kid.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
your too old.
thats why he barred you the second time....after seeing how old you were.
maccas want 14 - 17 kiddies. cheaper to pay.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
That's pretty fucked up.

My take would be he immediately decided he wasn't going to hire you when he saw you, so thought he'd brush you off not expecting you to come back in an hour... I dunno, obviously they wouldn't call you in for an interview if they weren't hiring :rolleyes:

You should probably make a complaint somewhere, I think they would take that pretty seriously.

Baiku

Coolest Member
HSC
Complaint about what exactly?

They don't HAVE to hire you, even if it's McDonalds. Perhaps you need to reevaluate your resume and presentation before the next interview somewhere else...

hannahxxx

HSC
Baiku said:

They don't HAVE to hire you, even if it's McDonalds. Perhaps you need to reevaluate your resume and presentation before the next interview somewhere else...
you didn't read the part where I said the guy didn't even touch my resume. And you didn't read what I said about my presentation either.

mr_brightside said:
your too old.
thats why he barred you the second time....after seeing how old you were.
maccas want 14 - 17 kiddies. cheaper to pay
I AM a 17 year kiddie lol.My younger guy friend who also went just called me-he's 15 and they told him exactly the same thing.

I honestly think that the manager forgot to take the restaurant off the list for needing employees after the christmas period.I'd say it was just pure laziness
But when I look back on it I start to question why I would WANT a job at McDonalds-sure I need the money but it was my last option( sorry I don't mean to offend those who work there)

EDIT: It had my age on the online application. So that age theory doesn't really work

Last edited:

dynasty

HSC
If McDonalds don't want to employ 18 year olds, why are they giving them interviews-when as hannah said it states your age on the online application, its just wasting their and our time

HSC
N/A
haha maybe they only wanted to hire 14 yr olds?

hannahxxx]For someone who's been searching for a job for the past month and desperately needs money for uni textbooks and food, I've been thinking "yeah-I'll definately get the McDonalds job and it'll all be fixed up".
This is the part that worries me. I'm sorry you went through a bad job interview experience, but it is NEVER a good idea to only prepare yourself for success... Knockbacks happen, and frequently. I'm not saying that you should go into every interview thinking you'll fail and it's not worth trying, but just be aware that they might take you on, and they might not. And they have every right to do either.

tennille

HSC
Just apply for any job possible. KFC, target, woolies, Big W, etc. I'm sure you're bound to get a few interviews. It was a bit rude how they called you in even though they are not hiring.

I also agree with what Glitterfairy said.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Baiku said:

Not the non-hiring... but, they fucked her around and were just downright rude and unprofessional.

Why the fuck would you call someone in for an interview and tell them to come back in an hour for one if you weren't hiring? You don't!

Pretty sure Maccas would not want stories like this getting around, as they will find it harder to recruit those brillant staff they are after.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
thats really rude, definitley complain, if you can be bother. on the bright side, would you really want to work with such a rude and disorganised and ARROGANT prick! maybe your lucky and a good job is around the corner

cuppy

HSC
N/A
yeh who would want to work with people like that anyway. maccas is everywhere so maybe you can apply at another one and still put the cover letter and portfolio to good use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)