Kanye West on NBC: "George Bush doesn't care about Black People!" (1 Viewer)

do you think kayne west was right what he said?

• yes

Votes: 22 64.7%
  • no

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • not decided/ dont know

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC

On NBC Kanye and mike myers talk live about the Hurricane Disaster... Kanye first was reading the teleprompter on his thoughts about black people being portrayed as looters and stuff and talked about donating as much as he can then Kanye blurted out "George Bush doesnt care about Black People" the guy beside him was shocked and turned towards Kanye then the camera switched to another reporter who was Chris Tucker who was also surprised at what he said...

do you think what kayne west (a musician) said was right or wrong?
just opinions and thoughts on it, thanks.

video of it
http://www.crooksandliars.com/2005/09/02.html#a4762
Just scroll down till you see it

HSC
Seems a little out of place, but it's really not difficult to understand the thought process leading to it. I'm not really sure if the blame game is appropriate at this stage in proceedings, or whether it ultimately does boil down to good old George's fault, but I'm sure there'll be time for criticism once the situation is resolved.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Have to come down on the no here.

Bush is well aware that black people do vote - a bit.....

gerhard

HSC
probably the funniest moment of television i have seen all year. utterly amazing. kanye was so nervous and anxious and he couldmt evem string a sentence together, he was just rambing. Then he stops, and mike myers go back to reading the autocue and then kanye drops the bomb and theres just 5 seconds of silence. Oh man. Awesome.

I dont agree with him, but I must admit that it took a hell of a lot of courage for him to say it, and it was really cool to see someone on tv so obviously passionate, even if he wasnt articulate.

Last edited:

gerhard

HSC

this is what kanye was talking about

white people are finding
black people are looting

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I think a more accurate statement would have been George Bush doesn't care about poor people.... but he had every right to say it, it is his opinion. Good on him for saying what he thinks.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I love it when people who obviously have no idea what the fuck they're talking about try to criticise politicians.

tempco

HSC
gerhard said:

white people are finding
black people are looting
american society is racist - that's just how it is.

ChrisE

HSC
i think he seemed inarticulate because you could see his passion was so great for what he was saying it was off the cuff and from his heart. funny funny moment, maybe true maybe not but very brave just the same of kanye

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
gerhard said:

white people are finding
black people are looting
I don't think that was really intended to be taken how it was.

Götterfunken

HSC
I don't think it was right, no, but I can certainly emphasise as to the emotions that caused him to say that.

I honestly believe that Bush only cares about people on the boards of billion dollar companies; if you don't have 15 foreign sport cars, then he probably doesn’t care about you and your interests.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
gerhard said:
huh? explain.
As in they just wanted to use different words for different reports, had the white person photo come in when the black person photo did and vice versa the white person would have been looting and the black one would have been finding.

HSC
http://news.yahoo.com/page/photostatement has a statement up regarding the pictures in question.

They do make the point that that the photos and their associated captions are displayed as provided by the relevant news services, so if anyone is at fault of racism here it would be Associated Press, not yahoo.

(Not really terribly relevant either way, but here's confirmation for you regarding earlier speculation that it was faked (ie. It's definitely real). The reason for the somewhat awkward wording in the second image may just be that it's issued by the AFP, who happen to be French, or maybe it's just imagination).

HSC
withoutaface said:
I love it when people who obviously have no idea what the fuck they're talking about try to criticise politicians.
what he said was true, and its not just bush its most of the media outlets too (eg, the pics and captions that were on yahoo before they took them down after criticism) kanye isn't stupid just because he is a rapper, unlike most he did recieve a college education, before dropping out of course lol.

HSC
anti-mathmite said:
Black guy = left. Left = trying to destroy bush at every oppurtunity. Left = think that the 'racist' insult is enough to make people hate bush. People = racist. Racist = don't care about the black guy. Therefore.. No body would care even if what he said was true... However it's not.. its the governors fault.. Who co-incidentally is an african living in America himself.

it sent the media into a frenzy, there was alot of either uspport for kanye or criticism, so people did care.

HSC
i dont see his career ending

his latest album (and this is before he said this and NO your stupid if you think it was a publicity stunt) has 1.7 million pre-orders, and is slated to sell 800,000 copies on soundscan in its first week.

tempco

HSC
anti-mathmite said:
Yes.. The media truely and fully cared about the feelings of a few blacks who are pedantic enough to go and make comparisons between stories such as this.... :rolleyes:

What ever the motive behind this frenzy was... It was not in consideration of the feelings of the blacks, it was because in fear of the African Americans kicking up a stink about it (and what ever trouble that might lead to.. Rodney King riots? etc).
it doesn't really matter. the fact that it was on the media, and that more people are aware of what's going on (or not going on) means that it has served its purpose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)