Keep Italian? (1 Viewer)

The-Noodle

HSC
I do Italian Continuers and I got 73% in my prelim last year. Considering I am of no Italian background I was quite pleased with that result, however, now that I have started the HSC course, I realise how much of a leap it is in terms of workload. I am seriously considering dropping it. I understand the benefits that a language provide, but I find it is taking up a LOT of my time. The only problem is that if I drop it I will be doing 10 units and I don't really want that. I am doing well at all my other subjects and I don't believe Italian will count, but I'm using it as a back-up. Anyway, I'd appreciate anyones thoughts on this, thanks.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
I think keep it. Languages are much less work that other subjects like sciences. You might be surprised and it might be counted. Dropping to 10 units leaves you no back up.

The-Noodle

HSC
Thanks for your opinion iambored, I'm still undecided. I also do Italian through correspondence which makes it even harder to learn without a proper teacher, which is part of the reason why I want to drop it. I would definitely keep it if I had a proper class.

Any other opinions?

yosemite sam

HSC
i do italian by distance too, but im only beginners, and it is easily my hardest subject because of the huge amounts of time it takes up, and i didnt drop it because i thought i wanted to do languages, but i dont anymore...but i still think that even without a proper teacher, doing language now is one of the best ways to learn it. and if you have a backup, then just give it your best, but know that if you end up screwing it up or decide to give it the back seat for your other subjects, then its not the end of the world.

cadylayne

HSC
i just completed continuers by distance and let me tell you it is hell. I am of italian background and was bilingual when i was younger but i was completely stressed all the time because my class was of such a high standard. I'm really glad i persevered through the 4 years i did it but if its going to stress you out it might not be worth it. I dunno, its really up to you in the end but the year 12 course is not very interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)