Know anyone, or going it alone? (1 Viewer)

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC
Did everyone get the O-week maLE-out today?

GERLING ARE PLAYING O-WEEK. MUY GOGDUSOIDHSIDNASIDHASDMASDFOJASDFAIYSDAKSDMASIDGHASDASD.

Gerling > Wolfmother
" > The Presets
" > Most bands

HSC
N/A
^^^ that should be great! Yeah, I dont make friends easily. But I want to. If there's a will there's a way, riggghht? but geez, some girls look quite intimidating to me on campus. So dressed up and shit.

Libbster

HSC
i currently live 2.5 hrs away, and I am the only one from my school going to usyd, so i will know absolutely NO ONE! :eek: *so scared*

Wolfowitz

HSC
This thread shouldn't be about boasting that you know more people than the next person. We should come here, cap in hand, looking for friends.

niteshade1312

HSC
Wolfowitz said:
This thread shouldn't be about boasting that you know more people than the next person. We should come here, cap in hand, looking for friends.
You want friends don't you.. aww!

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
@dreamish: dw if u do pharmacy together, chances r, they are in ur class too...

i was lucky i guess... i knew about 10 ppl who's doing the same course at my uni...
oh my we are sci nerds...

btw say hello to me at chess stand!!! =D

Sham

92NTY6
HSC
hmhmhm..
probably going at it alone..
because - go figure, only the polite-talk friends are the ones going to usyd.
so i might have to rekindle some friendships there...

it'll be interesting to say the least considering i dont make friends easily.
ha. ha. ha..

did anyone else notice the flow-chart thing..
yes/no for making friends.
if no.. see such-and-such workshop.. damn.

cimbom

HSC
I know only four people- one doing health sciences in Cumberland Campus, one doing Visual Arts at SCA, one doing BA and none of the same subjects as me, and then one doing the exact same degree and many similar subjects outside of core for b.eco :) . Most of my other friends are at UTS, Macquarie, UNSW, UWS, Tafe...

... But it's definitely meeting new people that I'm looking forward to at university.

chockie

HSC
I keep getting horrible visuals of me going a whole day without speaking a word to anyone...too shy to go up and introduce myself :(

darkroomgirl

HSC
The_Apprentice said:
^^^ that should be great! Yeah, I dont make friends easily. But I want to. If there's a will there's a way, riggghht? but geez, some girls look quite intimidating to me on campus. So dressed up and shit.
OMG I know what you mean!! They look so artsy and expensive. *stares down sadly at my scuffed Chucks* My friend says it's okay... she says a lot of the older students laugh at the really dressed-up freshmen cos they're so obviously new.

HSC
i am going to be so freaked on the first day of uni, cuz I cant get to any of the o week days and I dont know anyone doing my subjects.

If you see a lonely, sad looking guy with a glazed look come and say hello and dont be scary ;_;

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
i know that there a couple from my school (same as rafy's) going, but im looking to find new friends :D

if theres a magic tricks stand, i'll be there! if theres a chess/chinese chess/go stand, i'll be there! :)

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
I only know of one girl from my school studying *one* of my course and the other is deferring. Some people from my old school are going to usyd, although I already made some friends at unsw during the chem bridging course :(

emjayel

HSC
N/A
chockie said:
I keep getting horrible visuals of me going a whole day without speaking a word to anyone...too shy to go up and introduce myself :(
Try being too shy to ever introduce yourself to people (even when drunk) and having the burden of being eight or nine years older that the rest of the people in your year :shy:

Last edited:

Wolfowitz

HSC
I'm no extravert but why are so many people so shy of meeting others at uni? What's the worse that could happen?...

EDIT: After thinking about it, there's a lot of bad things that could happen.

niteshade1312

HSC
Wolfowitz said:
I'm no extravert but why are so many people so shy of meeting others at uni? What's the worse that could happen?...
I agree with that, with the exception that I am an extrovert and talk a lot. Maybe all the shy people who are too scared should set up their own stall and extraverted people can come and save you... HAHAH.. okay that was a tad mean, but shy people, just get a move one and talk. No one needs to know you're shy because we are all new! We are all in the same position and stop using 'shyness' as an excuse for sitting by yourself for the first few days...! I have a major problem with shy people as you all can probabaly tell already!:sleep:

lala2

Banned
HSC
Is joining your course's relevant society a good way of mixing around? I'm an introvert, bit scared. Luckily one of my good friends is at USYD, and I think her friends are coming too, but not too sure atm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)