KPMG Vacation interview (1 Viewer)

lah_lah

HSC
Did anyone also get a text message on their phone about being invited to the first round of summer vacation programs at KPMG? I got one which is really strange cause Im a first year... and just applied for the sake of it...How do I prepare for it? What type of questions are they going to ask?

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
how'd you apply?? thought its only for 2nd/final years.. I wanna apply...

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
You'll need to be in the second-last year of a degree course from Commerce, Business, Law, Finance or Information Systems. Openings are available in our Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney offices.
Umm, thats a bit odd.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
they dont check which yr your in (even though u probably stated on ur app). they have too many apps to process. ull just get rejected in the interview (happened to my 2nd yr friend doing comm/law). ring them up to confirm ur app 2 save urself the trouble.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
baker182 said:
Maybe he is full of shit
not full of shit... usually these cases are very rare but is not impossible, usually very talented and bright students get a interview.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
heh, well interviews are nothing if you don't get the job in the end :p. I'd like to get an offer!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes that's true.

You'll be rejected automatically in the interview stage

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
you guys who got interviews.. how'd you write your applications?? 9/10 I get rejected without getting an interview!

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
lol reminds me of somoene i met the other day who got a mac bank interview for summer work and he was only a first year at the time...

got rejected in the interview straight after they found out he wasnt penultimate

ND

HSC
They don't automatically reject you if you're not penultimate; a friend of mine got a 3rd round interview with mac even though he's 2nd year (from 4 years).

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
I had my KPMG interview today. It was alright. A few hard questions though :p.

On a different note, I also had my final round interview today for Deloitte. Suprisingly, I got a call an hour or 2 later saying I got an offer :D woooo!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Eagles said:
you guys who got interviews.. how'd you write your applications?? 9/10 I get rejected without getting an interview!
Make sure you have emphasis on your extra curricular stuff, and highlight you employment and volunteer experiences - they count more than purely uni grades.

jasee, well done man :)
come to EY..!

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Minai said:
come to EY..!
hehe, I'd like to come to EY, but they didn't give me a chance =(. Oh well, there's always grad next year!

hk31

HSC
Minai said:
come to EY..!
Hey, what can I expect from the recruitment day they have for vacationers at EY?

I applied from AABS - Technology, Minerals and Property

jokay22

HSC
N/A
which of the big four is the biggest in sydney? (1 is the highest & 4 is the lowest)

shiroangel

akaNiCoL3
HSC
jokay22 said:
which of the big four is the biggest in sydney? (1 is the highest & 4 is the lowest)
1: Pricewaterhouse Coopers
2: Ernst & Young
3: KPMG
4: Deloitte

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)